Brooke High School 1

Posted August 29, 2011
As a graduate of this school I can honeslty say that this school did not prepair me for college. This school just got ride of all there best teacher and replaced them with whoever is related to a member on the board of education. The football program is one of the worst in the state. They may have gone to states the last two years but the head coach is not creating student athletes, but uneducated punks that will either end up working at a fast food place or in jail with five kids that they will not care for. in conclusion if were to move my family to this area I would not allow them to attend this school.

Brooke High School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
this school is designed as a prison establishment. i mean at least in prison you get to go out in the yard for thirty minutes a day. the dress codes are stupid in every monor imaginable. the teachers have lack of feeling and it seems like the entire purpose of the school is to dull the students wits and completly fail their chances for college. the teachers couldn't even give any care for the students either, this school doesn't deserve to be still standing. i am a current student and this school makes me hate my life and drop out.

Posted August 20, 2009

Brooke High School 3

Posted July 27, 2009
Most of the students when i was there was mean and rude

Brooke High School 2

Posted May 23, 2009
BHS is a very stressful place. Kids are mean, and the teachers arent any better. Teachers barely catch the mean activity. I do understand it is a highschool but things could be done better. The staff never catches bullying until theres an actual 'fist fight. If there is someone being name called a teacher never does anything about it. It's like they try to avoid it all together. This has happened mulitple times around me and made me question. While there are a select few teachers that actually do a good job of teaching, there are also unsympathetic teachers who teach like they're teaching it to kids who are supposed to already know it. (AKA some of the math teachers) The Math department is horrible. I feel that every other field in that school is so much better. I'm almost a senior and I'm nowhere near ready to start college.

Brooke High School 2

Posted March 17, 2009
As a recent graduate who is attending college, I feel that Brooke High did a poor job of preparing me for future education. Though I was ranked 34th in my graduating class at Brooke and am still a good student in college I've noticed that what my professors call review is brand new to me. Throughout my four years of attendance I did find that there were a few teachers that were very good. They were very thorough, friendly, and spent extra time working with students if it was needed. The music and science programs are excellent while the math program is lacking. Finally, in all honesty, I won't even begin to talk about the principals and punishment because I don't want to go on and end up typing an essay.

Posted February 15, 2009
Brooke High School Has Very Few Weak Points. Our Math Department Can Be Seen As One, But Otherwise We Have A Top Notch Science, English, Social Studies, Fine Arts, And CTE Staff. There Are So Many Opportunities For Students To Excel. Our Principals Are Very Fair and Are Great Leaders. I Do Not Feel I Could Be Getting The Same Experience If I Was Enrolled In Any Other High School.

Brooke High School 1

Posted December 06, 2008

Posted September 26, 2008
Both of my daughters received an excellent education to prepare them for college. Both are successful in their fields, and it all started with Brooke High School.

Brooke High School 4

Posted September 14, 2008
I attended Brooke very recently. I graduated in the class of '06. I transfered to this school my 9th grade year from Jacksonville, Fl. All i can say is some people just don't understand what a good school it is. Sure, it may have a few things wrong...and i dont agree with some of the policies but i never feared for my life. I would say this school is a good safe school which does have pride, but in a more subtle and modern sense.

Brooke High School
Cross Creek Rd, Wellsburg, WV  26070
Last modified Brooke High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooke High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top