Doddridge County High School 4

Posted December 18, 2013
I think this school is smaller then my last school my other school was Grafton High School, Grafton, WV. The people in the school seem nice and the staff is a little smarter as to where to put camera's and they have search us unlike grafton. Even though they have all this and grafton does not they are about equal in my opion as to staff and learning. Doddridge offers more activities to do and learn with Grafton they give you the chance to do something fun and new if you did well on your test scores if not then they give you the chance to do better on your next test that will matter when you're through with high school.

Posted March 24, 2011
This school has an extremely rude staff and student body. I have been to several schools throughout my life, including several in Richmond, VA. When I moved to this state I knew switching from a large school to a much smaller one would bring about some changes. I did not expect the staff to engage in verbal put-downs about everything from my hair and the way I dress to things like insulting my intelligence. The student body has a major problem with "cliques" If you don't fit into some sort of specific group then expect to get bullied harshly. In short, I think this is a very rude school in general.

Posted April 30, 2010
The teachers at DCHS are considerate and take a personal interest in the students. They are easy to talk to and very helpful with concerns of the parents. The cooks are friendly. The principal is upbeat, energetic, actively involved with the students, makes improvements in the school, is a good speaker, and is organized and efficient. The school in general is well organized and up to date.

Posted December 01, 2009
The teachers are rude and don't take the time to teach the students. The new school is nice but is a little small in some areas such as the cafitera. The cafitera during lunch is very crazy no order.

Doddridge County High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The AP History teacher at DCHS is an exceptional teacher who goes above and beyond to be accessible to her students. Each year, Laura Lee Modessitt fosters her students growth and development by bringing history alive to them. She also brings them to the world, as each year she takes students on an international trip to expand their horizons.

Posted July 16, 2009
I only went to this school one year and it was the best year of my live. At my new school, they dont come close to how good doddridge is. The teacher at doddridge are so great and the people are friendly and the sports are are amazing. The track team is the best in the state

Posted February 20, 2009

Posted December 29, 2008

Doddridge County High School 2

Posted November 10, 2007
As an alumna of the school, I must say that I do not think that DCHS properly prepares students for college coursework. With the lack of challenging courses instated in the curriculum, DCHS coursework may be considered inefficient at preparing students for post-secondary education. This can possibly be attributed to the small school and low number of teachers. With only a handful of staff(who, I must add, are fantastic in most cases) available to teach in each academic area, it is impossible to implement more difficult classes in conjuction with the WVDE mandates. Also, in my time there, I had trouble with the administration on a few occasions, among them being the guidance counselor. All I can say is, if I were given the opportunity to attend another school, I probably would have.

Doddridge County High School 4

Posted November 27, 2006
- a former student
Academic programs at this single 'A' high school is excellent, as far as athletics, our track and field team is dominent in the state. The DCHS Band of Pride is also a spectacular activity is your son or daughter is into being a musician. Other sports have their good years and bad years. It seemed to me that every parent that had a student in our high school had some involvement to try to make things better. Overall it is a wonderful school and a wonderful experience for me.

Doddridge County High School
1 Bulldog Dr, West Union, WV  26456
Last modified Doddridge County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doddridge County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top