Bad
Good

Posted November 26, 2014
I'm a parent, and I feel very lucky to have my kids attend L.C.H.S. I appreciate the education my kids are receiving. I also like it that they can be involved in a lot of extra-curricular clubs--not just sports. The teachers seem to really care, and they work to see that the students are successful.

Lewis County High School 2

Posted November 15, 2013
I just recently graduated from Lewis County High School, and that school was a complete joke. There's no other way to put it. I came to college completely unprepared because the teaching is horrendous. The authority there is completely misused as well. I had a problem with a teacher my senior year and many other students did as well, and we would go to the principle and nothing would be done because him and the teacher were mutual friends outside of their workplace. It's absolutely ridiculous. The teacher misused her power and bullied her students, called us "stupid" and "idiots" most of the time, and just mistreated us. Just because we were students doesn't mean we aren't human beings, too. But I can say I made a lot of friends that I hold true to my heart in my years at Lewis County High School, but I must say, I'm very glad I'm not returning.

Posted October 27, 2013
I am really pleased with the improvements to our school. Our faculty really strives to improve the overall experience for our students. Our students have achieved much success in and out of school. Test scores are steadily improving. It is a nice place to work. I have worked in several other schools, and I truly don't think you will find a more complete school.

Posted October 27, 2013
Great school. Great kids. Good teachers. Good administrators. I'm glad it is our community's school. It's a solid education.

Posted September 24, 2004
The students at LCHS have a lot of 'heart'. They need to be continually encouraged to believe in themselves and their capabilities. Their talents are many. I sometimes feel that while trying to run a 'tight ship' that a few of the faculty members come down a little hard on students. Remember...the students are real people with real feelings and need to be treated with respect. I love this school! I'm proud to be a Lewis County parent.

Posted February 23, 2004
I really feel that having a child with special needs is very difficult and this high school gives all the support possible and working together as a team is helping my child expand her learning capabilities and knowledge. Also LCHS is very cooperative in handling personal experiences and difficulties that my daughter goes through on a daily basis. Helping her excel in many different areas that have been problematic in the past

Lewis County High School
205 Minuteman Dr, Weston, WV  26452
Last modified Lewis County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.