Weston, WV

Posted July 09, 2014
I attended Saint Patrick's Elementary School in the 5th Grade. The curricula, there, included French, Algebra, Social Studies, Religion, Geography, Science and Reading. Later in life, I met half of my class at West Virginia University in 1982. We all enjoyed academic success and, as far as I know, our graduation rate, from post secondary (eg. college) was 95%. The one student (Joey) who didn't go to college was installing broadband computer systems (eg. fiber optic) at Glenville State College and was using an oscilliscopic spectrometer to analyze the signal quality. The discipline is firm but fair and the children adjust well. Emphasis is placed on academic acheivement - though we did have a very competitive basketball team who often beat AAA schools. I would recommend Saint Pat's to any parent or student who is serious about quality education.

Posted May 19, 2014
This is my sons 2nd year at this school. We are SO pleased with this school. The teachers are awesome. The technology program is outstanding!! There are so many involved parents which is wonderful to see. A great school also has caring parents. They do so much for the kids and the community. Truly a great school!!!!

St Patrick School 1

Posted November 04, 2013
This is got to be the worst school in town. With no consequences for the staff when there out of place! Ive asked for my child's progress report and grades over 5 times not to receive anything at all. I am the biological father and guardian of my child and don't understand how I am not able to get information about my child progress after trying so many times. There has been no academic improvement in regards to my child in over a year now. And getting the runabouts regarding my daughter progress is so unprofessional. I would definitely not recommend this place to any parent....save your money for college and keep them in public school. There is just no difference here unless you like creepy looking principles and hallways smelling like diapers... If you have high standers this school is just not for you!!

Posted November 14, 2008
My son has attended since he was 4 years old, he has excelled fast and enjoys school. I am proud that my son can receive religious education as well as the norm. Each child receives the attention they need compared to public schools. I only pray by the time my son reaches 7th grade we have the teachers and the space to continue his education and for the other children as well. I have had children in the public school, if I had it to do all over again the other 4 children would have attended St. Patrick as well. Great job St Pats!

Posted August 06, 2008

Posted November 07, 2006
I have a daughter in Pre-K with Mrs. Riley and she loves her! They do so many activities and she has learned so much that I am very pleased. My son is in 2nd grade with Miss Smith. Though she's strict, she is a fabulous teacher with many years experience and my son, who doesn't typically like school, loves her. It is a very reasonably priced private school with great scores and positive incentives and activities with surprising diversity. I highly recommend this school for elementary age children of any religion or background.

St Patrick School