Bethlehem Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2012
As a parent, I don't think this school is very good.I have called teachers a number of times, about my child and it took days for the school to get back to me.The school does not have a very good education when it comes to different states. West virginia schooling is ranked 50 for schooling and they have the least amount of schools compare to the rest of the states.The school does not help the kids out there.I would not recommend this school.

Bethlehem Elementary School 2

Posted February 13, 2012
Bethlehem has gone way downhill since it won any national awards years ago. I am not sure what tutors & volunteers the previous poster is referring to because when I talked to the principal about getting some sort of extra help for my child, I was told there was nothing they could do, and that was in 2011. My child is in 5th grade now, the 1st - 3rd grade teachers were both rude and condescending when I tried to talk to them about various issues that we were having. The second grade teacher went so far as to say she had taught her entire career without using a computer and she wasn't about to start now. (thankfully all three have since been retired) The 4th grade teacher that the previous poster mentions was slightly better, but most of my emails went unanswered for days and often her answers were chickenscratched on post it notes that had to be deciphered. I, as well as several of the parents of my child's classmates have had to go so far as to have group meetings with the school board to discuss problems (such as bullying, lack of communication, and excessive homework) that the principal refuses to acknowledge.

Bethlehem Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2009

Bethlehem Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
I do agree with with the last post on Feb 6, 2009. It is hard to communicate with some of the teachers, however I love the school. The smaller classes gives the students more one on one, not to mention the tutors for those students who struggle, they have some wonderful volunteers that tutor kids in reading and spelling. As for the communication problem. I think it should be mandatory that all teachers have an e-mail and web page for daily assignments! I have 3 children in Bethlehem and I must say that Mrs. M.E. - the 4th grade teacher has a web page and does an excellent job of responding to emails (within the same day) and posting all of the daily homework. All the kids love her too!

Bethlehem Elementary School 0

Posted February 06, 2009
I am very disappointed in this school. It's very hard to comunicate with the teachers.

Bethlehem Elementary School 5

Posted May 12, 2004
My child loves his school! While only in kindergarten, he has exceeded expectations in reading, writing, and math. His social skills have developed significantly, and he is becoming an excellent independant thinker. His teachers love him and the other children and want to see them succeed academically and socially. I've watched him grow so much this year, and am elated with the strengths he has developed here!

Bethlehem Elementary School
22 Chapel Rd, Wheeling, WV  26003
Last modified Bethlehem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethlehem Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top