Wheeling, WV

Ritchie Elementary School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
I was very dissatisfied with the education my child was receiving from Ritchie. I felt he lost knowledge attending there. He was upset every morning, he never wanted to go to school. I have placed him in a new school and the difference is shocking. Not only is he learning, he is excited for school every day. I feel the children attending Ritchie are not being given the adequate tools they need to built a strong foundation. This school has a 4 rating in standardized test scoring. This is extremely low. Lowest in the county. To wrap it up. If you live in the Ritchie distract I suggest moving.

Ritchie Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2013
My school is really making great strides in terms of parent involvement and improving relationships, not only within our school but also our community . We have a very active and successful PTO. The school atmosphere has changed and lightened. Our autism program has a wonderful reputation. I am very pleased as a parent with the direction things are headed.

Ritchie Elementary School 5

Posted October 31, 2005
The level of education provided by these teachers is 'top notch' My experiences as a student were great! The teachers really care that the children are learning and obsorbing the knowledge. Teachers like: Elaine Dickman,Mary Groome, Pamela Wampler,Tisha Nelson,Elizabeth Shepherd are a huge contributers to this schools great reputation. I was very fortunate to have these teachers as some of my first mentors. Thanks for the great start and the time you'll spent educating me and preparing me for my future. I only wish I lived in Wheeling again so my kids could attend this school.

Ritchie Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2005
I went to Ritchie Elementary when I was a child & I am very proud to send my child there. Mr Jordan does a great job of running the school & making sure all the children are in a safe learning environment. Miss Dickman & Miss Farnsworth were AWESOME teachers, they were very concerned with my child's education. Miss Wampler is a wonderful teacher who has helped my child learn many things this year. The reading program for 1st grade wasa blessing, Miss Groome is a major help with the learning to read process!

Ritchie Elementary School
3700 Wood St, Wheeling, WV  26003
Last modified Ritchie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ritchie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top