Bad
Good

Steenrod Elementary School 5

Posted February 27, 2014
I truly love sending my daughter to Steenrod School. She is an average student who works diligently to succeed in her classwork. Her teachers have always gone above and beyond to assist her in learning what is necessary at each grade level. I work a full-time job as does my husband and we are most certainly NOT affluent as one reviewer suggests all Steenrod parents are. I think this school is successful because teachers care about the students and families and have high expectations for students. I could not think of a better school to send my daughter for her elementary school experience.

Steenrod Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2012
Don't believe the hype. My children attended Steenrod for two years. It was a miserable experience. The PTA runs the school and handles most of the communication, and the principal has abdicated much of his responsibility. The PTA was very pushy and unwelcoming, wasting our time in lengthy meetings at orie tation night. The staff is nothing special, with a few exceptions. They have no idea how to handle active boys without medication. They just have a hand-picked demographic of involved and more affluent parents whose kids were going to succeed anyway. My husband and I are educators, so we are homeschooling our children, and their stress has diminished significantly even though they are now working years beyond their grade level. This school will turn out little worker bees who can pass standardized tests. I want better for my four kids.

Steenrod Elementary School 5

Posted April 05, 2008
Outstanding public school! Principal is dedicated and kind. Teachers are experienced and excellent. Active parents, smart kids, the whole package!

Steenrod Elementary School
100 Clarks Ln, Wheeling, WV  26003
Last modified Steenrod Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steenrod Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top