Posted September 17, 2009
St. Michael's School is one of the best schools in Wheeling, West Virginia. They are making strides to keep up with the most recent education ideas and are also in the process of finishing a new building for the children.

Posted May 02, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009
All 3 of my children have attended St. Mike's, my youngest is curently in the Junior High level. All three have recieved a very good education, and have scored extrememly well on all standardized testing. Opportunities for parent involvement are abundant. The teachers are welcoming and always available for voicing concerns. My children have had some truly excellent teachers, who have challenged them, and helped to instill a desire to learn.

Posted August 25, 2008
I am a current student in 7th grade at St.Michaels.I have been there since 2nd grade. I have lot of friends and enjoy all the activities in the school. Theres basketball{girls and boys} ,Football , and cheering. I play basketball and it is so much fun.All of my teachers were great and taught me alot.I am really glad i go to St.Michaels.

St Michael Parish School 4

Posted September 28, 2007
This is my son's 2nd year at St. Mike's. He is in first grade and is doing very well. He has many friends and has really enjoyed his teachers and Father Cincinnati and Father Chris. My husband and I have been very surprised by the amount of homework for a 1st grader. Even when sick, they send home his assignments. We feel the work is challenging...which is what we want for our son. So far the teachers have been professional and communicate with the parents well. Their teaching skills are very good. My son is off to a great start and St. Mike's has been a positive experience for him and us. We really have no complaints. I say check it out!

Posted September 05, 2007

St Michael Parish School 4

Posted June 02, 2007
I am very surprised by reading the reviews of other parents. This is my son's first year at St. Michael. He came to the school as a 7th grader and was immediately welcomed by his classmates and teachers. Teachers have been easy to talk to and more than willing to help my son. This was his first year playing an organized sport he had the most wonderful and caring coach. It was a great introduction to basketball for him. His teammates also welcomed him even though he had little training. This was also the first year my son was able to participate in a stage band. He has taken guitar lessons at no extra cost other than the instrument as well as drum lessons for a nominal cost for the teacher and instrument. I am encouraging him to participate in more activities next year and he plans on playing football.

St Michael Parish School 2

Posted November 29, 2006
The teaching was sub-par. My children are much happier were they are now and are receiving an excellent education. They were accepted immediately by students and teachers. New students were not thoughtof kindly at St. Micheal's. The only thing my children miss about St. Micheal's is the christian education. I can take them to church on the weekends for that. I would not recommend this school to any newcomers.

Posted November 26, 2006
I personally think this school is horrible & I regret sending my kid here! {we can't afford a better school!}

Posted March 31, 2006
St. Michael's is very 'old school' where basic rote learning is emphasized. Higher level thinking skills are not encouraged. A few of the teachers are excellent, but most of the faculty has inferior teaching skills. Disapline is handled in a rather barbaric manner. Even though it is considered a christian school many of the teachers and children do not act kind. The children are not accepting of new students.

St Michael Parish School
1221 National Road, Wheeling, WV  26003
Last modified St Michael Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Michael Parish School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top