No rating

Our Lady of Peace School

Private | PK-8 | 240 students

Living in Wheeling

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $590.

Posted October 15, 2011

Excellent school!! OLP educates our children in all three domains; academically, emotionally and spitirually The teachers are phenominal and the principal's enthusiasm spreads throughout the school. In our 15 years with children at OLP, we have no doubt that we have prepared them for high school. Thank you to all!!

Posted October 15, 2011

I cannot even begin to explain what a tremendous place OLP school has become for my children. Middle school education definitly prepares them for high school. Emphasis on religion and service is outstanding. We are so lucky to have had this opportunity to surround our children with this extended family.

Posted July 23, 2011

This is one of the WORST schools I have ever been to. The middle school teachers are horrible examples, and way too lenient ! The Principal does nothing to punish students for bad behavior. I went to their school for 5-6 months. Worst months of my LIFE. The kids are terribly mean, and disrespectful. The teachers do nothing about this! When I was looking at this school, someone told me the kids here were all so polite and kind. What a LIE. The kids are all so mean! They're judgmental, and rude. I have never seen kids mentally and physically bully kids in my life, until I went here. I regret every moment being here.

Posted May 10, 2010

My youngest daughter is about to graduate from OLP. We have been involved with the school for the past 13 years. It has been a wonderful experience. My children have received a quality education and have been extremely well prepared for high school. The teachers are invloved with students and constantly show love and compassion for the students and the school. The principal has been wonderful. She shows a genuine interest in each child. We will miss OLP!

Posted October 5, 2009

one of the best 5 star schools. For the learning, teachers and volenteers who make this school the best.

Posted October 5, 2009

up to date in every new teaching aid such as whiteboards

Posted October 3, 2009

I'm so glad my grandchildren have had the opportunity to attend O.L.P.School(pre school through 8th. grade).Why? The school has a wonderful principal,never tiring,allways loving in caring for the children and the hard working teachers and office staff.Upon graduation from the 8th.grade the students are well qualified(educated)to enter high school.

Posted October 3, 2009

Caring teachers, great principal and a absolutely outstanding Catholic education!

Posted October 3, 2009

OLP gives a well rounded education, not just the three R's. they have Religion, the arts, language arts, public speaking and good behavior.

Great school! Very family oriented. They have great teachers

Posted October 3, 2009

I am an alumni of the school and think it is a great school! They have a great teaching staff and a good learning atmosphere!

Posted October 3, 2009

evryone is treated like family

Posted April 17, 2008

Our Lady of Peace is the without question the very best Catholic school in the entire state and perhaps the country. I have been involved there for over 15 years having three children attend. The education and spirituality that they have received will follow them their entire lives.

Posted October 24, 2006

OLP is a great school. Our son is in his 5th year and he is very happy with his teachers and classmates. OLP is a very family oriented school and the parent involvement is outstanding. The principal is beyond fabulous. She is so dedicated to the students, parents and curriculum. There is a new art program, and also spanish class. I personally feel that OLP is a very safe, nurturing school with teachers and a principal who really care about each and every student.

Posted March 24, 2005

We initially enrolled our children at Our Lady of Peace for the PK program, and we were so impressed with the school that we decided to keep them at OLP instead of enrolling them in the public school sytem. The school and everyone involved with it has been wonderful and I wouldn't dream of sending our children anywhere else.

Posted August 13, 2004

This is a wonderful school. A family oriented school. Only concern is the upper grades 6-8, they do not offer as much to these grades as the public schools do. Arts, music. But overall for a catholic school, OLP rates #1.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (304) 243-5410

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston