Bad
Good

WHS is a great school and sits in a great community. We just moved to the area, but our children felt welcome at the school from day one. Great sports programs, band and kids speak highly of their teachers thus far. If you prefer a small school setting, it doesn't get any better than WHS. Go Jackets!!

Not a good school. COuntless trips to the principal for bullying issues and nothing is done AT ALL. Terrible and shameful.

Over the years I have watched williamstown high school transform itself from a average public school to a top notch one. I went to school at whs in the early 90's and loved it. Now i have children who go to school there and they feel the same as I do about the school. I have friends who have kids in the other area schools and they hate them. Williamstown high school stresses academics and will pass you if you do not deserve it. The sports programs are also top notched. The football team won the state chapionship this past year and has won its conference for almost ten years straight. The wrestling program is also tops. The pride of Williamstown is their band. The band is great and has excellent instructors. I love this school and would encourage anyone looking to relocate to take a look at whs.

I have one child that graduated from WHS and one still there. The changes over the past few years have been incredible. The building has been completely renovated, the safety has improved to the point that it's almost too much, the new assistant principal has 'dropped the hammer' and behavior is improving greatly. The staff has made it a priority for students to attend school and work hard. I am impressed with the improvements in such a short time. There is an academic club that works hard to award students with great grades. Would like to see clubs and fewer classes at the high school level. Many of them seem to be 'fillers.' Our child participates in the sport's programs and we're very pleased with the variety available at a small school. We could send our child to any school in the valley and we choose WHS.

It is a great local small town school. It has a great athletics program, which my brother has participated in for going on 3 years now.

I have only had a child at WHS for 2 years and have not really seen anything worth bragging about. The band program has been the saving grace of me keeping my child at this school. The past principal (although I never really had to deal with him) was unfair and inconsistent in regards to discipline. I have a teaching degree, but am not teaching at the present time, but have never seen so many teachers have the kids watch movies or play on the computer so much. What happened to homework and projects? I do not feel that my child is getting the education he deserves. We'll see how this year goes with the new principal before making a decision to try somewhere else. My child has made some very great friends while WHS.

I graduated in 2007. WHS was a fabulous school. I had great friends, and I developed a very good relationship with the teachers and principals. I still go back and visit. They are always interested in what I have been up to and how I am doing in college. They still offer to help me in any way they can.

For the most part, WHS is a great school. I have taught at other schools and it has its good side and bad side just like every other school. The positive is that there really are some great students at this school. There are students here that teachers only dream of having in class. Most students are helpful, honest and caring towards teachers, students, and others. The negative is that the discipline here is not consistent. The really great kids suffer because everyone is spending too much time trying to accomodate the student that really doesn't want to be there and should only be given so many chances. Parents can be a nightmare, especially the athletic parents. Technology is down right pathetic. But overall it is better than some schools. You have to weigh the pros and the cons.

WHS is an excellent school. They stress the arts and academics and there are many extra curricular activites. Everyone has an opportunity to excell. The teachers are caring and compassionate. The current principal is an issue and really should be replaced but the rest of the administration is great. I love having my children at WHS and wouldnt sent them any place else.

I have had 2 children graduate from WHS and I have 2 more to go. The school has gone downhill steadily for the last 4-5 years. The current principal is the major problem.

Last modified Williamstown High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.