Williamstown, WV

Posted December 08, 2014
I cannot recommend this school. A parent should be able to discuss concerns and issues about their child with the principal and faculty and not be patronized. The quality of education is significantly less than advertised.

Posted August 11, 2014
We haved lived from coast to coast and were glad to settle in the Mid Ohio Valley. We are thankful for Wood County Christian School. The Bible based curriculum and Christian principles and values align with our family. Our children now in their late 20's and early 30's are thankful for the Christian education and Spiritual emphasis the school provided for them. The sports and cheerleading program gave our children a chance to grow in many activities. The coaches prayed with our children before practices and games. Keeping a Christ centered attitude at all times. Go Wildcats!

Posted June 17, 2014
I am so glad school has officially ended, and my children will not be returning to Wood County Christian School for 2014-15. My children have been students at Wood County Christian for a few years, but we feel it is not best academically or religiously for our children to continue their education at Wood County Christian. I cannot recommend Wood County Christian to anyone.

Posted January 10, 2014
I have had kids in this school for years. Wouldn't choose any place else. There are caring, dedicated teachers here! Wherever you are there are positives and negatives, but with a right heart attitude wanting the best for your children, this is the school! My children have been in every grade and I am thankful for godly teachers who sacrifice to educate children in our valley! And thank you, WCCS, for keeping our children safe with all the safeguards in place - even volunteering.

Posted January 10, 2014
I have had three students graduate from WCCS and all 3 have excelled in college. I have two students still attending. In all of my encounters with the 4th grade teacher, she has been professional and caring of the students. I volunteered in her class for a year and she is very attentive to the class and gives excellent classroom instruction. The extension teacher is a certified special education instructor who has had ongoing success over the years providing extra help to those students who need such assistance. The unfortunate reality of a traditional classroom setting is that not all students will master a new concept quickly, but the class must move on to cover the required amount of material for the year. Having been involved with the school for many years I know from experience that the teachers at all levels care for their students and wish for each of them to reach their potential. Many of the upper elementary teachers work late into the evening on a regular basis which displays their dedication to their classes. The school is predominantly parent-led and parents are strongly encouraged to be involved. I am very pleased with all the teachers and staff at WCCS.

Posted January 10, 2014
WCCS offers a great academic education paired with clear Biblical teaching. The teachers and staff all demonstrate a positive Christian testimony which is so needed for our young people today. In addition to the excellent academics the school offers a variety of extra curricular activities. The school facilities are top-notch, especially the cafeteria and gymnasium. Just today the principal showed his care for the students by giving the highschoolers a surprise pizza party for exceptional behavior so far this year. My family has been very pleased with WCCS and would encourage all local families to consider this great option for their children.

Posted September 17, 2013
Class sizes too large -- as many as 29 in elementary classes with one teacher and no aides. Very little parental involvement allowed -- school board is limited to males. Some of the teachers not very nurturing to young children. Not worth the tuition.

Posted September 18, 2008

Wood County Christian School 0

Posted March 05, 2008
This school is great. We are so pleased that our two boys have had the opportunity to attend WCCS. The staff is second to none. We recomend this school to all families.

Posted July 16, 2007
Both of my children attend this school. They have received a superior education both spiritually and academically. In fact, one of my children just made a 30 on her ACT. There are 2 piano teachers, a fledging band and an excellent choir. Parents are encouraged to be involved. Although my children are now in high school, I used to tell friends that WCCS is a place where children are encouraged to be kids. They are not exposed to 'adult' information at a young age as in public schools. Parents of children in public schools brag about their children in 'honors' classes. Every high school class at WCCS is a honors class! Love the school; love the teachers/administration.

Wood County Christian School
113 West 9th Street, Williamstown, WV  26187
(304) 375-2000
Last modified Wood County Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Wood County Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top