PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Wood County Christian School 2

Posted August 24, 2016
This school has a great curriculum, however there are other issues. The dress code is ridiculous. I have no idea why they don't just do a uniform. If anybody is out of the dress code they receive an infraction. Only certain people get these infractions. There is favoritism at this school. If you have a certain name you will be treated better. Half of the time the school cares more about what you are wearing than how well you are doing in your classes. Some of the teachers at WCCS are unorganized and sloppy and not to mention do not even have a teaching degree. It is outrageous that they would hire teachers that aren’t even qualified to be a teacher. The math and science teachers are great. There currently is no principal which is disappointing. The last one was great. One of the biggest issues is that there is not enough space. They try to shove lockers in every nook and cranny. They disregard all the middle schoolers. Another issue is the sports. The drives are ridiculous for sporting events. Frequently we have to drive to Charleston 1 to 2 times a week. Overall this school had some unexpected major letdowns.

Wood County Christian School 5

Posted November 14, 2015
I am a parent of three children at WCCS and am also a teacher there. I am hurt by the comment that we are undereducated teachers. I have a teaching degree in Early Childhood Education from Marietta College, two endorsements (reading is one them), and I also am certified in Bible. I maintain my teaching license in Ohio and for years was licensed in WV as well. So lets just recap- I am degreed, licensed, endorsed, and certified. I would also like to say I am not the exception to the rule. My family and I are blessed for me to work at WCCS and for my children to attend there.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 14, 2015
Thank you parents for all the great things you do for our school. We appreciate you!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 14, 2015
Yes. We recently had a series of three special chapels to honor our first responders. We honored policemen, EMTs, and firefighters. This is just one of many examples of lessons and activities planned to help cultivate respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 14, 2015
Staff and students alike are striving to emulate Jesus so we are all developing compassion, caring, and empathy.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 06, 2015
These teachers are not qualified. They have no education degree, certification, or license. I cannot fathom why parents would send a child to a school where teachers do not know how to teach.

Posted August 06, 2015
This school hires teachers that are not qualified. They have no education background, licenses or certifications. They obviously do not respect the education system or licensed teachers. This issue should be addressed and I am very concerned parents still send their children there to be taught by people not certified to do so. What a disgrace to our young children and education system. As a parent, I would never recommend this school to anyone that wants the best for their child.

Posted December 08, 2014
I cannot recommend this school. A parent should be able to discuss concerns and issues about their child with the principal and faculty and not be patronized. The quality of education is significantly less than advertised.

Wood County Christian School 5

Posted August 11, 2014
We haved lived from coast to coast and were glad to settle in the Mid Ohio Valley. We are thankful for Wood County Christian School. The Bible based curriculum and Christian principles and values align with our family. Our children now in their late 20's and early 30's are thankful for the Christian education and Spiritual emphasis the school provided for them. The sports and cheerleading program gave our children a chance to grow in many activities. The coaches prayed with our children before practices and games. Keeping a Christ centered attitude at all times. Go Wildcats!

Posted June 17, 2014
I am so glad school has officially ended, and my children will not be returning to Wood County Christian School for 2014-15. My children have been students at Wood County Christian for a few years, but we feel it is not best academically or religiously for our children to continue their education at Wood County Christian. I cannot recommend Wood County Christian to anyone.

113 West 9th Street, Williamstown, WV  26187
(304) 375-2000
Last modified Wood County Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12