PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school has a great curriculum, however there are other issues. The dress code is ridiculous. I have no idea why they don't just do a uniform. If anybody is out of the dress code they receive an infraction. Only certain people get these infractions. There is favoritism at this school. If you have a certain name you will be treated better. Half of the time the school cares more about what you are wearing than how well you are doing in your classes. Some of the teachers at WCCS are unorganized and sloppy and not to mention do not even have a teaching degree. It is outrageous that they would hire teachers that aren’t even qualified to be a teacher. The math and science teachers are great. There currently is no principal which is disappointing. The last one was great. One of the biggest issues is that there is not enough space. They try to shove lockers in every nook and cranny. They disregard all the middle schoolers. Another issue is the sports. The drives are ridiculous for sporting events. Frequently we have to drive to Charleston 1 to 2 times a week. Overall this school had some unexpected major letdowns.

I am a parent of three children at WCCS and am also a teacher there. I am hurt by the comment that we are undereducated teachers. I have a teaching degree in Early Childhood Education from Marietta College, two endorsements (reading is one them), and I also am certified in Bible. I maintain my teaching license in Ohio and for years was licensed in WV as well. So lets just recap- I am degreed, licensed, endorsed, and certified. I would also like to say I am not the exception to the rule. My family and I are blessed for me to work at WCCS and for my children to attend there.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

These teachers are not qualified. They have no education degree, certification, or license. I cannot fathom why parents would send a child to a school where teachers do not know how to teach.

This school hires teachers that are not qualified. They have no education background, licenses or certifications. They obviously do not respect the education system or licensed teachers. This issue should be addressed and I am very concerned parents still send their children there to be taught by people not certified to do so. What a disgrace to our young children and education system. As a parent, I would never recommend this school to anyone that wants the best for their child.

I cannot recommend this school. A parent should be able to discuss concerns and issues about their child with the principal and faculty and not be patronized. The quality of education is significantly less than advertised.

We haved lived from coast to coast and were glad to settle in the Mid Ohio Valley. We are thankful for Wood County Christian School. The Bible based curriculum and Christian principles and values align with our family. Our children now in their late 20's and early 30's are thankful for the Christian education and Spiritual emphasis the school provided for them. The sports and cheerleading program gave our children a chance to grow in many activities. The coaches prayed with our children before practices and games. Keeping a Christ centered attitude at all times. Go Wildcats!

I am so glad school has officially ended, and my children will not be returning to Wood County Christian School for 2014-15. My children have been students at Wood County Christian for a few years, but we feel it is not best academically or religiously for our children to continue their education at Wood County Christian. I cannot recommend Wood County Christian to anyone.

I have had kids in this school for years. Wouldn't choose any place else. There are caring, dedicated teachers here! Wherever you are there are positives and negatives, but with a right heart attitude wanting the best for your children, this is the school! My children have been in every grade and I am thankful for godly teachers who sacrifice to educate children in our valley! And thank you, WCCS, for keeping our children safe with all the safeguards in place - even volunteering.

I have had three students graduate from WCCS and all 3 have excelled in college. I have two students still attending. In all of my encounters with the 4th grade teacher, she has been professional and caring of the students. I volunteered in her class for a year and she is very attentive to the class and gives excellent classroom instruction. The extension teacher is a certified special education instructor who has had ongoing success over the years providing extra help to those students who need such assistance. The unfortunate reality of a traditional classroom setting is that not all students will master a new concept quickly, but the class must move on to cover the required amount of material for the year. Having been involved with the school for many years I know from experience that the teachers at all levels care for their students and wish for each of them to reach their potential. Many of the upper elementary teachers work late into the evening on a regular basis which displays their dedication to their classes. The school is predominantly parent-led and parents are strongly encouraged to be involved. I am very pleased with all the teachers and staff at WCCS.

WCCS offers a great academic education paired with clear Biblical teaching. The teachers and staff all demonstrate a positive Christian testimony which is so needed for our young people today. In addition to the excellent academics the school offers a variety of extra curricular activities. The school facilities are top-notch, especially the cafeteria and gymnasium. Just today the principal showed his care for the students by giving the highschoolers a surprise pizza party for exceptional behavior so far this year. My family has been very pleased with WCCS and would encourage all local families to consider this great option for their children.

Last modified Wood County Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12