Bad
Good

My two daughters have attended Classical since Kindergarten and are now in 7th and 5th grade. The school is advanced educationally and demanding of both parents and students. Both teachers and the dean set high expectations of the students. There is homework almost every night. As parents, it isn't always easy, but we love it. It is a blessing to have a school be able to challenge our kids, teach them incredibly strong study skills and a work ethic from a very young age. My oldest just got back her 7th grade standardized test scores and she tested in the 94th percentile for math and 99th percentile for reading. She is pretty smart in general, but the school pushing her academically is a very large part of the excellent test scores. Both of our kids fully understand and embrace education and its importance to their future success in life. My wife and I have been fortunate to have our kids attend Classical School and I give it the highest recommendation for parents seeking a challenging grade school curriculum for their children.

My daughter has attended Classical Charter School since Kindergarten and will be entering the fourth grade this fall (2014). She really thrives here! We both love the class-size, atmosphere, families, and most importantly the curriculum and those that teach it. Classical truly feels like a private school without the tremendous private school cost. Children are placed based on their individual skill level, but are always challenged. I know my daughter would be bored at a different public school because she is so far ahead of her cousins and friends that attend other schools in the Fox Valley area. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to exceed academically. We Are Classical!

The curriculum is excellent. The way it is taught is not. The teachers are so very committed to the school and involved..... but to a fault. They don't respect the boundaries of school life and family life and feel that their desires trump family priorities. They will use various means to coerce parents to doing what they want. Ultimately, you will end up homeschooling your kids after school hours... just remember,... it might be a charter, but it's really just another public school and it's the families that make it amazing.

My children were never challenged before they came to Classical School When they started attending Classical, they suddenly lit up with excitement about what they were learning. They received an excellent education at Classical School. The standardized test scores are sky high, showing that the other students at the school are also excelling.

My daughter loves this school. It is challenging and the teachers really care about the success of the students.

I love the curriculum at this school - it is challenging, enjoyable, and definitely fun to teach. E.D. Hirsch's concept of building an educated child step-by-step through Core Knowledge Schools is ingenious; the goal is to create children that are culturally literate (i.e., can understand newspapers, have background information to interpret things on TV, and best of all, can make educated decisions for themselves in the future based on the knowledge they acquire now.) The math used at the school is comprehensive and sequential. The students do very well with it. Learning Spanish, starting to read in Kindergarten, and diagramming sentences in grammar are all big draws. History topics have a world history and American history strand running simultaneously and cover fun topics like the Middle Ages, understanding religions and cultures, and Greek/Roman Mythology. I'd recommend this school or any Core Knowledge school to anyone.

My daughter loves this school, and I love this school. The teachers keep my daughter challenged and the curriculum is great. We feel so lucky to be involved with Classical Charter School.

This is a great school with both wonderful students and faculty. My daughter loves going to school. The academics are high (she is studying things I had in high school and college). The average student is brought higher and the talented student soars. The 8th graders even go to Costa Rica for a week after graduation.

Last modified Classical School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.