Public charter
Appleton, WI

Odyssey-Magellan School 3

Posted February 15, 2013
Has it's pluses and minuses. Same teacher taught math all 4 years our daughter was there. She had a mono focused style of teaching. Could not explain things in more than one way. Had concerns which were confirmed this year by her Kaleidoscope teacher that Odyssey was skimming math topics in order to cover more ground. Kids often can not actually compute the processes only know the meanings and surface of a process. Some good things there but also tends to make kids intense, as they become self absorbed- parents are partially to blame for their'gifted child's' behavior letting them free on their behavior and rule the roost. On a whole things were fairly good but question when is it advanced and when is it 'speed reading' for the sake of saying it's advanced.

Odyssey-Magellan School 3

Posted January 18, 2013
I started odyssey in 6th grade and also completed the Magellan program as well. I am glad I attended because it got me into more advanced classes in highschool, but it came at a price. At Odyssey/Magellan I felt like I didn't recieve much teacher support and I needed some due to the fact I would become frustrated with the schoolwork because of my perfectionism. Also, the French program at the school isn't as good as I hoped. I hardly retained anything I learned during French class because we basically just worked out of the book and learned a bunch of phrases. We really didn't understand sentence structure at all. It was basically just strict english-to-french translation, no immersion or anything. Studies have shown that is not the best way to learn a language either. Odyssey/Magellan did not meet my expectaions unfortunately.

Odyssey-Magellan School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Treat each child with respect and education based on their specific level. Well rounded education.

Posted April 27, 2010
Odyssey is a great place to work. The kids love learning! The parents are incredibly supportive. The administrators are also supportive. And, we have good funding. Amazing!

Posted February 08, 2009
I loved this school. It was so much more fun than high school. The people were great, the teachers were fantastic, and you always had fun in any situation when associated with this school.

Posted January 10, 2009

Posted October 11, 2008
Great school I had a lot of fun, the teachers are great and its like having a second family.

Posted March 14, 2008
Odyssey/Magellan is a great learning expirience for children of all ages. Trust me, I go there. Our teachers, there aren't many, make up for it in their amazing skillls. There is a special bond in each class. Since you are with the same people for years, you become closer (friendship-wise) than any other class I have ever been in. : )

Odyssey-Magellan School
2037 N Elinor St, Appleton, WI  54914
Last modified Odyssey-Magellan School is a Charter school that serves grades 3-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey-Magellan School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top