Appleton, WI
After care: No

Freedom Project Education 2

Posted December 18, 2014
We have attended FPE for the last 4 years. It has been a crazy ride of continual changes websites, curriculum, grading, teachers, rules and regulations you name it they have changed it we are NOT returning. We have 5 children, one graduated in 2013 and it was considered homeschool and we had to draft our own transcripts for college. She is in her 2nd year and doing well. Our current senior missed a critical test and she had an A, within 12 hours of missing the test I contacted the teacher and asked if she could still take it, she has no history of missing anything. The answer was an ABSOLUTE NO, I went above the teacher and got the same ANSWER NO. This is causing her to pass with a low C, no matter if she gets A's the whole second semester. They are now accredited and running the school like a private school or actually a college there is no grace or second chances. This is so unfortunate, online school requires a lot of parent involvement and tutoring to have a successful out come. Public School/FPE similar

Posted December 07, 2014
So we are about halfway into our 8th grade year. I am very pleased with FPE. The just obtained accreditation with the National Association of Private Schools. As far as home work goes ..I actually supplement my son with more. I expect FPE to fill most of his days with at lease 4 hours or more of instruction, studying and assignments. I pulled my son from one of the highest rated districts in Southern CA. I expect him to get a better education then the one my tax dollars pay for. He still takes CA standardized tests and is above average this year. I am happy that FPE is giving him a well rounded education for the time being. I plan on moving forward with high school and keeping his affidavit with a local private school for local back up and support.

Freedom Project Education 1

Posted November 28, 2014
We spent months researching homeschooling options and decided FPE was the right for us. WHAT A MISTAKE! First, we were told homework would be typical of what public schools give now. WRONG! We spent most nights until 11pm trying to keep up with the insane amount of homework. We talked to the administrators and were told "that's the curriculum". We started dropping classes just to try and catch up and finally pulled them 7 weeks in. The "Fridays are free" concept is inaccurate. We were doing 8-10 hours of homework easy, same with weekends! Within 3 weeks my kids were crying and begging to go back to public school. Be cautious of the "Non Common Core" they claim. While they don't use the materials, they DO subscribe to the mindset, no deviations from the curriculum and teachers have no authority. (FYI, my wife and I own a company that consults politicians on many issues, PARTICULARLY COMMON CORE. Working with Governors, Senators and Legislators) In the 2 months our kids attended FPE, we saw MULTIPLE teachers fired and dozens of direction changes. There WAS a parent forum on the FPE website where other families stressed the same frustrations so, they removed the forum! AVOID FPE!

Freedom Project Education 3

Posted November 02, 2014
The upside: live, online, common-core free homeschool classes. The downside: We have found that the quality of teaching can be very uneven. Some teachers are competent, while others are not. Unfortunately, you might not be able to switch to a different teacher because there likely isn't an alternative teacher available. In which case, you're stuck. And no refunds are allowed once the class begins.

Posted October 07, 2014
A wonderful Common Core free school, their standards for both teachers and students are quite rigorous. Much of the school's curricula is centered around Christianity and the principles of liberty that America was founded upon. I would highly recommend FPE to anyone seeking a great school that offers a wide variety of classically based classes.

Posted January 03, 2013
FreedomProject Education is an excellent alternative to the public school system. Their teachers are fantastic and the fact that everything is LIVE online is truly amazing! It is so great to see a school that respects our countries heritage and does not shy away from praising God. Way to go FPE!

Freedom Project Education
750 N Hickory Farm Ln, appleton, WI  54914
Last modified Freedom Project Education is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Freedom Project Education Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top