K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 20, 2015
FPE is the perfect fit for the homeschool family looking for a Christian, classical, Common Core free education for their children, but doesn't necessarily want to sit down and do one-on-one instruction with each child (or all at once- I've tried multi-level approaches and ended up frustrated because it was above the younger children's level or too easy for the older ones- and I ended up doing large amounts of one-to-one regardless). We have been with FPE for two years (entering our third now). My two eldest will be 7th and 9th grade and I am still teaching my youngest (4th grade), independently. It's perfect for us because I've found that as my kids got older, it became increasingly difficult to hold them accountable and have them "turn in" assignments when life is contantly going on around us, and I'm busy running a household and helping taking care of the business my husband and I own. But I wasn't about to send them to public school because of the values we hold, and private schools are so expensive (and many using CC materials and may not even realize it)! We found FPE through a lecture they gave at a community church through our homeschool group and it has been a Godsend! Our experience has been wonderful. The teachers are professional and truly care for the students and the subjects they teach. Yes, the course load is rigorous, but in my opinion that's a good thing. It has helped my kids become more independent. I sometimes have to help them with their work, but their teachers are also available in office hours and they have tutors available as well. They have gotten into the swing marvelously with keeping track of their own schedules and handing in their assignments on their own. It's great to have them held accountable to someone other than me, and they get grades and will receive a diploma when they graduate. I have enough time (and sanity) to continue to individually instruct our youngest, and she will enter FPE in two years, for 6th grade, like her older sister did. My son is going into high school with them and I have no doubt he will receive a solid education, with unrevised history rooted in the Constitution, creation-based science, great classical literature, and incremental, traditionally taught math- all based in Christian values. If this resonates with you, FPE will be the perfect fit for your family, like it is for ours.

Posted March 24, 2015
I have been a teacher for Freedom Project for 3 years. During my time with them, I have seen the school grow from 125 students to over 600. Each year the administration and staff have worked to build a school that strives for excellence and provides an alternative for parents seeking solutions for educating their children. We believe in providing students with a strong foundation, so that they can learn to think critically about the world around them and become responsible, well-educated citizens. There is no one size fits all when it comes to educating individuals, but our school serves as a wonderful option for families who choose to partner with us.

Posted March 19, 2015
As a U.S. History and American Studies teacher in my first year with FreedomProject Education I have been impressed with the quality of the support staff as well as the students. Here is a group of young people who recognize the need for a complete education - one not often offered in many of our classrooms today in America. I've been pleased with the level of participation and the real desire the students have to learn more about the principles our great country was founded upon - and their desire to become involved in keeping it strong. It's been a great experience.

Posted March 12, 2015
I have taught with FPE in the elementary section since the beginning of elementary! FPE offers a wonderful elementary education program. The curriculum has been very well chosen. In elementary, each subject area is covered during classtime. My students love the online classtime and never want to miss their time online. I have had the privilege of having shy young students come into my class and for the first time ever emerge into beautiful talkative social butterflies online. I have had the privilege of observing students who were struggling to read and watching them turn into avid readers. I have known students who were defiant and miserable in their schooling, come to my class and become very obedient and develop a love of learning. I definitely strive to use technology resources in my online classroom and know that all elementary teachers are encouraged to do the same. I try to always make sure my class is fun and interactive...never boring.

Posted March 12, 2015
Freedom Project Education was an answer to prayer. When we pulled our soon to be 7th grader out of the public system to homeschool, we weren't sure what we would do. We decided to use a computer based curriculum in his first year, so as to have control over his lessons and schedule. However, we were curious about FPE's stated approach, so we decided to start small by enrolling him in just one course as a way to try them without a huge investment of time or money. From the first day of class, we were impressed with everything from the teaching style to the level of accountability that is required of each student to how responsive his teacher and administration were whenever he (or we) had questions or problems. Our son enjoyed the class so much that we've decided to enroll him in the program full time for his 8th grade year. We hope he will continue to be a part of the program through the rest of his years in school. We highly recommend FPE to any family who is looking for a program that is based in Judeo-Christian principles, is challenging, fully accredited, teaches students how to think critically and is very affordable.

Posted March 10, 2015
I have been teaching at Freedom Project Education for 4 years, and I am very much impressed with the professional, college preparatory, accredited, Common Core free education that our students are receiving. All of the teachers are extremely qualified and dedicated to their students. They are interested in ensuring that every student that leaves his/her classroom is prepared for the next step in their educational career. The administration works tirelessly to ensure that the technology is working properly, the teachers are well prepared, and the families and students have everything they need to be successful at FPE and in the years to come. Freedom Project Education is a fantastic option for students who want to take a full course load or for those who just want to take one or two courses to supplement their other school work. Either way, the teachers and administrators work diligently to make sure that their students have the best education possible.

Posted March 10, 2015
We have 3 kids enrolled with Freedom Project Education this year and it is their first year. They are in 4th, 8th and 10th grade. All 3 were enrolled in Public School prior to FPE. We are very impressed with the curriculum that FPE is using and the way that they have their system set up. Our kids are able to login to their own classes and submit their own homework. Having a live teacher to talk to and ask questions is crucial especially for our 4th grader. I really like how the teachers interact with our kids and how they involve all students in the class. Our kids are allowed to discuss and write about their beliefs without being discouraged. The reason why we chose FPE is because they teach a Biblically based Classical Education and the curriculum is not aligned with Common Core. We are so excited to have already signed up for next year and look forward to our kids earning the best education that is out there.

Posted March 09, 2015
We enrolled our daughter in FPE at the start of her freshman year of high school (2012). We couldn't be more thrilled with the education she has received this far, and will continue through her senior year (2015-16). The classes are challenging and the teachers engaging. We are so glad we chose FPE for our daughter and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a top notch education for their child.

FreedomProject Academy 4

Posted March 08, 2015
I have worked for FPE for two years. During my tenure, I have been impressed with their professionalism and commitment to excellence. I took two teacher education courses over the summer, and I was alarmed and saddened about how teachers are now being trained to teach due to Common Core. I am thankful to FPE for their commitment to remain Common Core free of curriculum as well as teaching methods. FPE is a vigorous online private school. It can be a good option for both new and veteran homeschoolers who need extra support. FPE partners with parents by taking the responsibility for planning, teaching, and grading subject matter. Parents are asked to provide the necessary technical equipment, assist with time management, and monitor assignment completion and class attendance. As a teacher, I have seen students grow in confidence, initiative, and responsibility for their own learning. Not only is FPE helping students in their K-12 years, but providing a sound foundation for life-long learning.

Posted March 08, 2015
NO Common Core, NO Government funding, NO worries about our children being taught revisionist history, . . . this begins the list of things for which we thank Freedom Project Education. Our home school family became an FPE family in 2012. We tried one class for our eldest child. He loved it. So did we. Our two eldest are now enjoying their second year as full-time FPE students. Next year, two more siblings will join them. We plan to have all eight of our children graduate from FPE. That brings us to another item we love about FPE; it provides AFFORDABLE accredited classical private education for a large family. FPE is a perfect fit for us!

FreedomProject Academy
750 N Hickory Farm Lane, Appleton, WI  54914
Last modified FreedomProject Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12