Bad
Good

Posted March 14, 2014
Fabulous teachers who are very focused on literacy and helping students move forward from their current abilities.

Posted December 12, 2013
This school has a rich history and has some of the best teachers in the district. You have a seen of pride being here.

Posted October 23, 2013
graduated long ago, but the teachers were great then - I hope they still are today. Surrounded by hard working families, it was expected that students would put in effort. Any failings in this regard were mine, not the fault of the teacher.

Posted July 12, 2011
I graduated from West and enjoyed all of my high school years. It always had a positive atmosphere with lots of activities/clubs/sports to be a part of. When I got to college I learned quickly how fortunate I was to have the teachers I did in high school, not to mention how well the school is known by others in the state. All of my high school teachers were professional, easy to approach, and took whatever time needed to give extra instruction. I was a pretty average student in school and am always disappointed when I read comments that blame teachers for their learning experience. As a student you are responsible for the amount of time and effort you put into your education. I had absolutely wonderful caring teachers that were there for me if I needed them, but I ended up as an average student because of the choices I made, the amount of effort I gave. West is a diverse school with a long history of excellence. I am proud to say my children attend West High School.

West High School 2

Posted March 16, 2006
I have had students at West for the past 8 years. My so called 'normal ' children, have done very well. Of course they would, they need no special help. On the other hand my LD student is left to flounder. F's are okay in the schools eyes and nothing is done to help her. IEP after IEP and nothing gets resolved. The f's continue to be acceptable to them. I have found the quality of the academic programs for the 'normal' student is very good. LD students....very below average.

Posted January 15, 2005
I graduated from Appleton West in 1998. I am very grateful for the education I received. After I began college, I realized that my teachers did an excellent job preparing me for the next step in my education. In some ways, my classes in high school were more challenging than my classes in college. The music program was particularly strong. I was fortunate to be involved in many special programs and groups. I also had the opportunity to take a music theory class, that made my first two semesters in music theory in college a breeze. The teachers are very dedicated to their work. They are so willing to spend extra time helping students after class. They also spent a lot of time helping me decide where I should go for college. I was so blessed to have such a wonderful education and teachers to model my own teaching after.

West High School
610 North Badger Avenue, Appleton, WI  54914
Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.