1-6|Private

Bad
Good

The Cooperative School was heaven sent for our family. My son was struggling in public school. I was searching online for an alternative for him and found the Coop. The small class size makes a world of difference. Teachers can focus on teaching and not the distraction of behavioral issues in the large class sizes at public schools. The teachers are incredibly intuitive to the kids needs of how the student learns best. The whole environment is friendly and inviting. I just wish we had found them sooner. My son is so happy and is enjoying learning. He is eager to share with me what he is learning. Thankful for the Cooperative School!!

If there was a way to make all schools like the Coop, it would be a better world for children. This is what a school should be. Challenging and loving, smart and compassionate. And it has the two things that make a school great: great teachers who are put in a position to teach the way the teach best; and small classrooms. Everything else is gravy.

We wish that every school could be like the Coop. The environment is loving and kind... never threatening or overbearing, which is critical for children when it comes to learning. It is the BEST school we've ever found for our overactive child!

The Cooperative School is an amazing elementary school! The class size is so small that my child is able to work at his own level in all subjects. Learning is hands-on and creative. The teachers are wonderful, caring individuals. Finally my child is at a school where he can reach his full potential!

The Cooperative School is like a dream come true for my daughter and for our whole family. No more than 12 kids in a classroom, with teachers who are offering the most exciting primary-level education we could imagine. These kids are learning so much and are having a blast doing it. One of the things I love most is that because of the small class size each kid is able to learn at his or her own pace and in ways that work for him or her. My daughter thought she was terrible at math until she started at The Coop. Now she's moving right along, and has built up a huge amount of confidence. Her teacher showed her the ways in which she actually has a wonderful mind for math, and then built on those so that she now faces challenges head on. She knows she can do it. I can't imagine a better education!

The low teacher/student ratio at the Cooperative School is second to none. I can't say enough how this has made a difference for my child. It is an amazing feeling knowing the teachers and students work together for the best results. Every child learns at a different pace and with methods that work for them, and it is wonderful to see student, teacher and parent all heading toward the same goals.

My children adore going to school each day. The Cooperative School is a wonderful secular school with small mixed age classrooms, Mandarin Chinese and Spanish instruction by native speakers, thoughtfully planned lessons that meet each child's individual needs, and an environment that is warm and creative. I can't imagine our lives without this elementary school!

This school combines both things most important to my family: low student-teacher ratio and a personalized curriculum. My son went from a class of almost 40 students to a class of five. I can't tell you what this means to me or to him, but I can say that his reading skills have increased dramatically in just a few months. His teachers can work with him, both academically and emotionally, on advancement and maturity. This individual attention is crucial to young learners. As a mother, I know that my son is in a safe, nurturing environment and I know he is getting the best education possible.

From the first day that our school started children, parents and teachers are working hard together and getting fantastic results. As a director it is an honor to work here with such an energetic and happy community.

Last modified The Cooperative School is a Private school that serves grades 1-6