Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

A good school. We have had our kids there now for three years, the Teachers are really dedicated, they seem to have a good system. I love the values they try and instill in the kids....you can't get enough of that!!!! As for the comments on Bullying, there are always too side to the story and often not, one of the parents does not want to hear it or even accept it. I agree with the comment about home school you child if feel discounting another child forever is the right thing to do every time they make a mistake.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Back in the 1960's there was a lot of bullying, teasing and fighting. Today things are a lot better and children are being treated a lot better and the teachers are more understanding and fair. The children can learn more things today than I did in the 60's and the children are more honest today and treat each other better and the teachers treat the children fair and honest, this is a wonderful school for children to attend, I know I enjoyed it and so did my parents.

This is a great school as I attended here from 1961 to 1967. I was here when they built the addition on the school, I watch the men during recess. The teachers and staff are wonderful caring and understanding, this is a great place for children to go. Yes the school is showing its age and I hope they remodel it so it can serve many more students in the years to come.

Not a bad school. The age of the school is starting too show. The teachers we have show a lot of dedication and effort, I really appreciate that. I see a couple of negative comments on bullying.....The fact is Huntley has ZERO tolerance and in fact, they probably suspend kids faster than most schools (A little too fast if you ask me). But, if it is your expectation that any signs of children not getting along should result in immediate expulsion and discounting a child forever over the first or second or even third issue.....then not only is this school not for you, you should home school your child.

I am overall unimpressed with this school and more specifically the principal. My son after several years at this school still cannot read at a reasonable level. They continue to make accusations of abuse etc. For lack of better wording over lolly coddle my child to a point where he is beyond behind in maturity. Myself along with a few other parents personally feel this school should be thoroughly evaluated and the principal most certainly should be replaced with someone more competent.

Most of the staff is good! The leadership is awful. Students are not held accountable for their actions by the administration. The PTO board is a joke!! The current PTO board either works at the school currently or are looking to get into the district. Very unorganized school! It has really gone down hill since the new principal took over 3 years ago!

Sadly, Bullying is very much an issue at Huntley. There has been a track record of incidents from one student in particular. Unfortunately, the mentality of the administration is to brush it under the carpet. Additionally, the communication has been disappointing. While the schools policy is to inform parents after every violent situation, they do not follow their own rule. The impression I get is that "leadership by example" isn't applicable, or a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality is best. Our child enjoys his friends and the teachers we've had have been responsive. They do well with what they've been given and I commend them for providing the students the attention they need. My advice to parents researching area schools, make Huntley a second or third choice.

i find comments interesting,i remember going to this school, it has to be one of the bigger schools

If you have a child that is low-average intelligence this school is a fine fit. I, however, have excelerated children whos needs are not being met. There is a TAG program that meets once a week for half a day-only for half a year though. So my child only gets to be challenged for half of the year. Yet they have money to employee many 1:1 aids for emotionally challenged children. Most of the teachers here though are wonderful. They try hard despite the limited resources and help. The principal is not very good. She seems overwhelmed and seems to have limited knowledge of how to run a school. Parent involvement seems to be the same 2 dozen parents who volunteer throughout the school. I am one of those parents and do feel very welcome and appreciated by the teachers and staff.

This is a great school with excellent teachers. Unfortunately bullying is a problem in every school and I think Huntley handles things well.

Last modified Huntley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.