Posted September 03, 2014
Sadly, Bullying is very much an issue at Huntley. There has been a track record of incidents from one student in particular. Unfortunately, the mentality of the administration is to brush it under the carpet. Additionally, the communication has been disappointing. While the schools policy is to inform parents after every violent situation, they do not follow their own rule. The impression I get is that "leadership by example" isn't applicable, or a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality is best. Our child enjoys his friends and the teachers we've had have been responsive. They do well with what they've been given and I commend them for providing the students the attention they need. My advice to parents researching area schools, make Huntley a second or third choice.

Huntley Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2014
i find comments interesting,i remember going to this school, it has to be one of the bigger schools

Posted May 10, 2014
If you have a child that is low-average intelligence this school is a fine fit. I, however, have excelerated children whos needs are not being met. There is a TAG program that meets once a week for half a day-only for half a year though. So my child only gets to be challenged for half of the year. Yet they have money to employee many 1:1 aids for emotionally challenged children. Most of the teachers here though are wonderful. They try hard despite the limited resources and help. The principal is not very good. She seems overwhelmed and seems to have limited knowledge of how to run a school. Parent involvement seems to be the same 2 dozen parents who volunteer throughout the school. I am one of those parents and do feel very welcome and appreciated by the teachers and staff.

Huntley Elementary School 5

Posted April 23, 2014
This is a great school with excellent teachers. Unfortunately bullying is a problem in every school and I think Huntley handles things well.

Posted April 16, 2014
My school does not provide well for students or staff. Most days the staff run out of supplies or resources for the kids. Would not recommend school.

Posted January 21, 2014
We had 3 children attend Huntley School. They had amazing experiences. The staff and principal were extremely dedicated, spending numerous hours beyond the school day to enhance their educational experience. The guidance counselor goes above and beyond to address all issues. Yes, he is on the playground daily to assist students as they learn socially. Issues were always addressed appropriately.

Posted January 14, 2014
My son has special needs, and his progress came to a screeching halt while attending this school. The teachers did little to individualize his education to meet his needs. They were also very disorganized, and important paperwork would not be sent home the majority of the time. A lot of bullying goes on in this school, and little is done to address it. My son now attends another area school that has been wonderful with him. He is now making great progress.

Posted November 24, 2012
We just moved to the area with a special needs child. I have found this school to be cold and a unsupportive machine. The principal has no time for anyone, she is a stretch to meet with parents. My sons teacher is overloaded and unengaged. If you have a child that needs a little extra help....avoid thus school at all costs,

Posted October 28, 2012
Both of my children had to endure a lot of bullying while at Huntley. While most of the teachers are great, the principal and administration do little to act against the bully and their behavior. The bullies seem to have more "second chances" and options than the victims do. As a parent, I'm disappointed in Huntley's bullying prevention (and lack thereof). I do, however, like the education my kids receive and extracurriculars available. The teachers do go above and beyond for the kids. I would recommend working with the teachers and counselor when the principal is ineffective.

Posted May 28, 2012
I also agree with Bullying at Huntley. It was a great school for TAG and the teachers my child had were wonderful. My child was bullied by an adult parent helper who was always around my young child. This went on and there was little done about it. It affected my child and after 2 yrs we left the school. They need 2 do a better job with bullying at this school for sure!

Huntley Elementary School
2224 N Ullman St, Appleton, WI  54911
Last modified Huntley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huntley Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top