Appleton, WI

Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2011
My daughter finished out her kindergarten year at this school and I was highly disappointed! The first issue we had was a teacher who either just didn't care or was burning out. This teacher refused to remind children of basic things like day to day tasks and how to dress according to the weather. After she refused and I called the principal the teacher took it upon herself to yell at me telling me she has too many kids in her class to remind them all. Correct me if I'm wrong isn't this school a sage school? meaning smaller class sizes for more one on one attention?! I think the biggest issue I have is the unflexibility with the lesson planning. Not everyones children are on the same page. My daughter was tested by this school and was found to be in the highly gifted range yet she' never been giving anything higher than kindergarten work. Seems strange to me that a place where I send my child to learn isn't teaching her on her level! What was the point of the testing? I thought it was to find out where she was to better decide what to teach. Evidently not. Aside from the social aspect this year has been a waste!

Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2006

Posted July 14, 2006
Every experience we've had at Jefferson has been awesome. We've loved all of the staff. Highest quality school with a great balance of ethnicity and family financial levels. Plenty of other schools in Appleton, but none that provide students with the real world surroundings that can be found at Jefferson.

Posted July 13, 2006
Thank You Jefferson Elementary! The last of my 4 children just completed their time at Jefferson this past June with their time spanning over 10 years. As my wife and I walked out the doors after our last parent/teacher conference we were both struck with unexpected emotion. Why? Because Jefferson Elementary staff have been pivotal in our children's development, they've been partners in raising our kids. They have spoken hope and encouragement, calling for the best in each of them. We have been blessed to be a part of the Jefferson family and will miss it greatly.

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2006

Posted July 12, 2006
Jefferson Elementary has been such a blessing to our family. We agonized over placing our four children in private school, homeschooling or

Posted March 20, 2006
It is amazing to me that people can have such different experiences at a school. I have to believe it has to do with parental involvement. As an involved parent, I know where my kids are at before they get their report card. Speaking for my family, and many others, the staff at Jefferson Elementary is exceptional. As for the office, we are blessed to have such a kind principal and secretary. Our children love this school!

Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2006
My daughter goes to this school and has had some difficult times. when she was sick I went in to get make up homework for her, the teacher was reading emails on her computer. When I asked how she was doing she said she was a sweetheart and doing fine. Then went back to reading emails with me standing there. I did not think this was right. later this year when I got her report card, It stated that she was below grade level in 3 areas, yet no notes were sent home prior to this. Since that experience I have had a bad repor with this teacher. The moral of this school is very cold the teachers hardly ever say hi to you if you go there and the office help dosent seem very friendly either. My daughter will be transfering next year I do not recomend this school.

Jefferson Elementary School
1000 South Mason Street, Appleton, WI  54914
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top