Appleton, WI

Posted March 02, 2012
Last year I pulled my children out of the nearby charter school and enrolled them at Ferber - best decision of my life!!! The principle, teachers and other staff members are the cream of the crop hear at Ferber. The children not only receive an excellent education but they also have more hands on activities, field trips and other activities that make learning fun. I also appreciate that they encourage good behavior with positive reinforcement. We could not be happier!

Posted February 15, 2012
We have had 4 children attend Ferber and have been extremely happy with every aspect of the school. The teachers and current principal have been outstanding. We have been especially happy with Ms. Bozile and Ms. Sauer, couldn't expect more from a teacher than what these two have shown!! We have also been very pleased with the supervision that is provided both before and after school and at recess's, we feel very secure in our children's well being! The lone disappointment has been this...we have twin boys in Kindergarten, who because we do not live in the Ferber district had to switch schools between semesters, this happened because of a moving difficulty (the person buying our previous house on a land contract has not been able to, the process has dragged on) so we have not been able to purchase a house in the district. Ultimately, we were very disappointed in the District's decision not to keep our 4 children together, I don't see how that is in the children's best interests regardless of district lines. Understandably rules are rules, however in this case I believe there should have been an exception in this case as we will be moving into the district in the next few months.

Ferber Elementary School 4

Posted July 04, 2009

Posted March 09, 2009

Ferber Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
Very pleased with Ferber. What a great group of kids and parents. My child has not had a bad teacher yet over 3 years! Great for kids who are overachievers as well.

Posted August 29, 2008

Ferber Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2007
Ferber is a good school. My kindergartener has done excellent and learned more this year than my 5th grader did when she was in Kindergarten at Jefferson Elementary. He really loves his teacher and will miss her terribly next year.

Ferber Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2007
I am constantly disappointed in Ferber Elementary. My second grade child actually fears his teacher, which is unacceptable. When we spoke to the Principal we were informed a teachers job is Not to make children comfortable. Calls to the school district proved the same. We will not attend the school next year, opting to use a Charter School instead. Also, 10 below zero still allows the children to play outside! The surrounding school districts are much better suited, if moving to Appleton, I would steer clear of Appleton Area Schools. Try Kaukauna, Kimberly or Greenville.

Posted November 27, 2005
Outstanding!! Ferber is 2nd to none. Teachers are caring. Kudos to the PE teacher, Mrs. Jadin! What a terrific little role model for our kids! Coach, mentor, friend ... her students love her!!

Posted June 25, 2005
Wonderful school! Outstanding and dedicated teachers and aides. It is no surprise that Edna Ferber Elementary School is the most highly regarded school in the Appleton Area School District. The Talented and Gifted Program is very helpful. In addition, special needs students are also made to feel welcome and their needs are met by caring teachers and students. Hooray!

Ferber Elementary School
515 East Capitol Drive, Appleton, WI  54911
Last modified Ferber Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ferber Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top