Public charter
Barron, WI

Barron Area Montessori School 5

Posted August 05, 2012
This is a public Montessori school that is exceptionally true to the Montessori method. Skilled and caring teachers make school someplace my kids want to go. All three of my boys have attended & loved it for different reasons. BAMS staff is so good at reaching each child at their own level, providing challenge and freedom to learn. My kids have developed true relationships with their classmates, which I feel is fostered in the classroom environment. (Great schools has not updated their info- the school has two children's house rooms and two E1 rooms, with about 100 students now.)

Barron Area Montessori School 5

Posted September 03, 2010
BAMS is a great option; my daughter has absolutely thrived there, and this is her second year (out of 3) in Children's House. The guides/aides are so warm and caring and keep a very non-stressful environment for kids and parents. DD just turned 4 and can read sentences and short books with simple language because she wanted to learn, not pushed or inundated with letters all day like in K. I like that the teachers don't hold her back, either on purpose or by neglect. My daughter can move ahead or not freely at her own pace in all areas. They model social skills, and my daughter has blossomed. (GreatSchools hasn't updated the information in quite some time, as BAMS has offered an E1 (elementary) classroom (ages 6-9) starting in 2009 and has many more than 16 students: there are 20-some in each of the two Children's Houses (ages 3-6).

Barron Area Montessori School 0

Posted October 19, 2008
My daughter absolutely loves school. She has just started her second year in attendance. I feel very fortunate to have such an option. The teachers are very dedicated and concerned about each and every student. The children have established a loving community of friends.

Barron Area Montessori School
808 East Woodland Avenue, Barron, WI  54812
(715) 537-5621 x358
Last modified Barron Area Montessori School is a Charter school that serves grades K-4
Barron Area Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top