Boscobel, WI

Boscobel High School 2

Posted April 09, 2008

Boscobel High School 4

Posted November 18, 2005
My opinion about our Boscobel schools is of great CARE. The faculty is Concerned, Attentive, Responsible and Enthusiastic for our young people. I do believe they are here to enhance a young persons future and guide them to the best of their ability. In a small town with smaller enrollments,the children become well-known, not just 'in-attendance'. Boscobel is fortunate this way. Our learning programs are up-to-snuff to the best of my knowledge. Truthfully,I have not heard of negatives. The choice of taking part in the arts, sports or other activities is quite available and hopefully appreciated! These 'things' advertise our school and those wonderfully skilled students. All parents should want to know their 'day-care' of all ages--the elementary is most likely more involved. The one thing I have never cared for is the middle school with the high school---we were there and so were our 2 children.

Posted November 16, 2005
As a child we moved to four different school districts in two states. During that time I saw both the good and the bad, and somewhere in between. I hestitate to use a statement such as 'for a town this size' as if small towns cannot have good schools. Rather I'd say that Boscobel is a good school that offers classes and programs often associated with larger schools while retaining good teacher/student interaction commonly associated with smaller schools. There is a very good male:female teacher ratio which I feel gives a balanced approach for our three children. Teachers and administration are kind, helpful, and genuinely interested in our kids-even emailing us daily with homework assignments. Boscobel still offers programs such as Home Economics and FFA which other schools do not, while also having an exceptional band/choir department. Sports are a part of the school, yet not it's reason for existence.

Posted November 14, 2005
Both my child and I are very pleased with the education he is getting at the Boscobel schools. He is learning the basics as well as regularly getting the opportunity to use higher level skills. I'm particularly impressed with the staff's concern for him as an individual and their efforts to help him be comfortable with not having to conform. The band and choir programs are really outstanding. That such a small school in a low-income area would provide this much support for programs that other districts have practically abandoned is very gratifying. My child's experiences in sports have all been positive, and he is not a superior athlete.

Boscobel High School 2

Posted February 07, 2005
There is poor communication between the school and parents. This particular school treats the kids like they are a ward of the state. Many of the teachers have issues and take their frustrations out on the students that they don't care much for. There is not much room for creative thought-the herd mentality is what they push for in the students. Teachers often ridicule students that have legit concerns and questions. They offer more classes for kids but that means more homework and less interaction with parents and the 'real' world. I feel that they should offer more courses that will help students once they get of school. A kid should not be punished for their individuality for if we all took everything as gospel and cowed to the establishment we'd have no Einsteins and Edisons. Sports should be fun-not a coach yelling at kids because he/she only cares about winning.

Posted May 27, 2004
This school is a really cool school all the kids that go there like the school there is alot of good classes that the kids can take like foods, sewing, tech ed, wood shop, metal shop, current issues, american lit,keboarding,and the basics like math, science, english, social studies,the teachers are really cool and the food is really good and they serve breakfest they serve a healthy lunch every day to the kids.

Boscobel High School
300 Brindley St, Boscobel, WI  53805
Last modified Boscobel High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boscobel High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top