Posted May 22, 2012
I went to Hillside Elementary when it was a brand new school back in the 50's. We didn't have kindergarten. All the kids went to shool at a house in a subdivision while Hillside was being built. Recess was in a garage of this house. All grades were in one room. The old Hillside Elementary was a one room school house that my dad, aunts and uncles went to. We were so happy for the new school as the old one had an out house for bathroom facilities. Recess at the new school consisted of jump rope, four square and baseball. We didn't have policemen at the school. If we misbehaved, the teachers gave us the what not.....and if that wasn't enough, we got it twice as bad when we got home. Everyone walked to school....and yes.....we walked a mile to school, in the snow, uphill......good times....good teachers.....my music teacher was friends with Louie Armstrong.....Mrs. Stocker and Mr. Jones were the best. I and many others became teachers because of them. Then my daughter became a teacher as well......one heart touching another. Yes, five stars for Hillside Elementary.

Posted June 10, 2010
My daughter has attended Hillside for the last two years, Kindergarten and first grade. I have been amazed at the school - definitely 5 stars!

Posted February 28, 2009

Posted January 08, 2009
I have two children attending Hillside Elementary. They have learned so much in this nurturing environment! The teachers make parents feel welcome and involved. The kids are stimulated with a variety of activities, and feel supported in their learning. It's a great, safe, lively school!

Posted May 09, 2006
Hillside Elementary has provided our daughter with the tools she needs to start her academic career on the right foot! The Principal, Facilty, and Office Staff are above excellent and have been an instrumental part in my daughter's success this year! The Music and Art programs have peak my daughter's ibnterest and hope that she enjoys that for her entire academic career! Parent Involvement is high at Hillside and I have enjoyed being a part of that!

Hillside Elementary 4

Posted July 05, 2005
- a administrator
Hillside is a smaller elementary school within a residential area. I have liked both my daughters teachers throughout their education. Hillside is a friendly school and because it is smalleer you get the opportunity to know others better. My children were always very comfortable here and looked forward to going everyday.

Hillside Elementary