Swanson Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2014
The school is entirely too big. It is the largest elementary school in the Elmbrook School District (close to 750 students) but smaller in square footage than others. It is becoming an unsafe environment due to the large population. There are some wonderful teachers, but their hands are tied with what they can due because of poor decisions the board of education has made. The school boundary lines need to be completely thrown out and intelligently redrawn. It is unacceptable one elementary school in at 99-100% capacity and other elementary schools are closer to 70% capacity. If moving into the area, consider other districts. Elmbrook is no longer the 'elite' district that it once was (the board can't see it crumbling right in front of their eyes). On a side note, the gifted program is a joke. It could be so much more with the proper leadership within the district. Special education has issues as well. The district has blinders on when it comes to special ed. It seems they want to pretend it doesn't exist. If you are going to be in this district, even with all it's issues, the best elementary school is Swanson. Great principal and associate principal. The staff is wonderful.

Posted March 15, 2014
I have two children in this school. Both of my kids look forward to school each day, and the teachers are wonderful. They care about my child's learning style, how they are progressing, and respond the same day to emails. The principal and vice principal respond very quickly to phone calls as well. I am very impressed with the Swanson school, and I am very happy with the education my children are receiving. I have one child in the gifted program, and my other child is average. The school meets both of their needs. I am so happy we are in this district. The teachers welcome parent volunteers too, and there are many opportunities to get involved.

Posted September 24, 2012
My son just started kindergarden at Swanson. Both his main teacher and assistant teacher are very quick in responding to my emails. This is very important to me, because I work full time and I am not available by phone during the day. I feel like I can always be on top of things, and not forget or miss anything, because the school sends constant reminders. I really feel like the teachers know what they are doing and really care about the kids. I couldn't be happier with my experience so far, and would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a great school.

Posted November 23, 2011
I have 2 kids and soon will have 3 kids in this school. The teachers were helpful and worked with me to improve academic knowledge of my kids. The best part is that my kids long to go to school each day.

Swanson Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2011
The atmosphere is friendly and positive. However, I am not very impressed with the overall academics.

Swanson Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2011
The kids come back from school happy as they are well entertained. The level of academic stimulation is far below of what would be expected from a school with such a high rating. As long as your kid is average, he/she will do fine. If you have a bright kid, you will be better off staying away from Swanson. Lots of helicopter parents, beware if you are not one!

Posted March 03, 2008

Posted April 28, 2007
Swanson Elementary is a great school. From the moment you walk through the doors students and parents are made to feel welcome. The Principal makes herself visible at the school. She makes parents feel part of the team at Swanson. I love entering the school and hearing the fun music coming out of the gym while the kids exercise. There are plenty of PTO, volunteer, clubs, and intramurals. The school is kept very clean. There is a nice mix of mature and younger teachers. I can't think of any negatives at Swanson. Truly a great school!

Posted January 23, 2007
What an amazing school! A well-rounded child is not just Academics. This school's testing performance is A+. Check them out. The school ambience is great, from the principal down to the students (and everyone in between). The music and arts program compliment the academic structure; they are fun and challenging. Music offers a choice of band, orchestra and chorus participation for the 4th & 5th grader. Performance are encouraging the younger ones to look forward to get their turn. Arts included potter's wheel (unusual offering in the elementary level); P.E. covers most popular sports (individual and team sports) plus rock climbing, snowshoeing, and dancing. There's also an abundance of extra curricular activities (before & after school) offered by the staff & parent volunteers. Great support from the Principal. Parent volunteer is encouraged and they're second to none. A school-wide Musical Play is in the works and tons of family fun nights!

Posted May 18, 2006
As parents of a 1st grader at Swanson, we are really happy with the school. Our experience has been that the teachers and Principal are willing to listen and spend time with you when there are any concerns. My 1st grader enjoys his Art and Music classes and library visit once a week. They also have talent days every semester that encourages kids to share their talents with the class.

Swanson Elementary School
305 N Calhoun Rd, Brookfield, WI  53005
Last modified Swanson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Swanson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top