Randall Consolidated School

Public | PK-8 | 677 students

Posted April 29, 2014

since randall got a new principle this year I am very pleased! she actually listens to what you have to say, and don't laugh in your face when you have issues she gets to the bottom of things, also im am so happy with the kindergarden teacher if it were not for her my child would of suffered with his learning all year! I jus want to say thank you both Mrs. Ziggler and Ms. Micheals for everything you have done this year, And thank you to all the rest of the teachers. The only issue I have had this year and last is Mr. Bloom, they can get rid of his anytime, but other than that I love this school, it has been great since I was a chid and now my own children I wouldn't want them in any other school, I wouldn't care if I had to drive a hour to get my kids to Randall I would do it just so they go to a great school

Posted October 5, 2013

A change in the principal is a step in the right direction for Randall, but it has a long way to go.Take a look at the surrounding schools(Lakewood,Wheatland, Trevor-Wilmot)see what their school is doing regarding tech, curriculum and before/after school care. All 3 schools are way ahead regarding technology.I know Randall has hired a talented Technology Director but we need to finance the program.Randall doesn't offer any after school activities besides sports/music.It has been suggested by parents but again Randall has not executed these programs.Randall is the only school out of the 4 to have a full time Business Manager.Together why haven't the Bus.Mgr. and Administrator figured out a way to improve the school regarding purchasing technology and programs.Other schools have also implemented new curriculum such as STEM(science,tech,engineering,math).What updates havevRandall made?It's the job of the Administrator to improve our technology and curriculum (he afterall has a doctorate degree for this)and the Boards job to make sure he does it.The Board needs to get a new administrator and things will improve.If an admin. values something he will fiind a way to make it happen.

Posted August 2, 2013

Unfortunately two of the latest reviews are factually incorrect regarding many of their statements. Completely wrong regarding Common Core, as Randall is a leader and ahead of the curve in prepping for CC, as they were with Character Ed, PBIS, and RTI. Wrong regarding teachers not being prepared for CC, as they've been given time dedicated solely to this work for well over three years. Teachers recommendations are being used in deciding what tools are purchased for CC. Wrong regarding MAP testing. It is NOT mandated by the state and Randall is NOT out of compliance. Many schools along with Randall use other highly regarded testing methods. Wrong regarding Randall living on its reputation. That's very insulting to the teachers of today who work very hard to provide the best learning environment possible, who present at statewide functions proudly because our work is producing results! Who take pride in knowing the high school is adopting some of our methods and initiatives, because they work!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 1, 2013

Randall has a new principle and I believe the next few years we are going to see great changes!

Posted January 29, 2013

Randall has been know for years to be a great school. Unfortunately, the current administration has chosen to live off their reputation. The administration has not kept up on Common Core standard nor have they prepared their teachers with vital tools to implement these standards. Communication is lacking on the administration side. The lack of teacher support and the overall climate of the school concerns me. We also have had problems with the 4k and removed our child because of the teacher. This teacher has had numerous complaints for years and yet she still teaches. Majority of teachers at Randall are amazing and is why we have stayed this long. We will be taking advantage of Open Enrollment on Feb. 2- April 3. We like the other reviewer agree that the lack of Map testing, other forms of data based testing and technology are a concern. Until the board removes the administration we will Open Enroll out. Looking for positive changes.

Posted January 28, 2013

Open enrollment starts 2-4-03.I plan on putting my children's names on the list.When our children started at Randall I was told that this was the best school in the area.Unfortunately it is becoming more apparent to me that the school isn't striving to be that excellent school and seems to be riding on their reputation. Many schools in the area including Wheatld, River,Bristol,Trevor are using Map testing (in addition to aims) as suggested by dpi. Our adminis. comments " too expensive." In my opinion...a necessary expense considering we are one of the few schools in the area still not compliant with dpi. One other concern I have is the lack of support for our teachers, and many have questioned the climate of our school. More as a "Do as I say or leave attitude. A school run like a corporation is not conducive to an ideal learning environment. I really hope to see some positives changes in the near future but if not I will consider enrolling out of Randall. DON'T JUST LOOK AT SCHOOL RATING (which is just a bunch of state mandates).....CHECK PARENTS REVIEWS. In my opinion a great school is more than their state testing standards. Parent's reviews very helpful. Thank you .

Posted March 23, 2012

Two of my children attended Randall School, and it was such a positive experience for all of us! The teachers are wonderful and go out of their way to make learning fun for the kids! Both of our kids thrived immensely during the entire school year, which is what any parent wants to see! The principal is extremely involved, and goes above and beyond to interact with the kids and make the school be the wonderful place that it is! I would highly recommend Randall to anyone in the area looking for a top-notch school for their children. I would open-enroll my kids just to get them into Randall!

Posted June 9, 2010

Randall School is one of the best schools I have seen in action in recent memory. The curriculum is current. The teaching staff is amazing. The administration does what is best for kids! Parent participation and involvement is second to none! While it is true that any school you enter has its problems, Randall's entire staff works hard to encourage, support, and challenge our youth to be the best possible citizens of our community!

Posted April 25, 2010

I agree with the person who posted 3/10/10. Elementary was wonderful but once my children hit junior high, what a disappointment. Many of the teachers take their frustrations out on the students and punish the entire class for one or two children's misbehaviors. This happens often and leaves those that behave well wondering why bother since they are lumped together and told 'you are a bad class'. The Excel program seems more like a 'clique' or special 'club'. Lastly, way too many teachers have students who go there and receive special treatment/priviliges...sad when your children are the ones that actually point that out to you. I think some of the teachers are burned out and should move on and let younger teachers with energy and enthusiasm take over.

Posted March 10, 2010

I liked the school until my children hit middle school. The teachers started to fall short and I felt my children were not being educated well. I feel like this school was once great but has now sunk dramatically.

Posted October 26, 2009

This is a great school. My 2 children attend it..The staff is great! The teachers are the best!

Posted June 10, 2008

This is the best school that my two children have ever attended. The teachers 150% of themselves. They don't look at the children as just a job. Way to go Wildcat teachers!!!!

Posted April 18, 2008

Randall Consolidated School has the most dedicated teachers I've seen in this area. I'm more familiar with the Junior High teachers and have seen an extremely caring, going above and beyond, group that do their absolute best to serve all the needs of all the students. They find various ways to reach the students and treat them with respect and courtesy. I've been extremely pleased with my children's experience at Randall School.

Posted March 26, 2008

I am a parent of a junior high student at Randall. I agree that the elementary school was great. but when they enter junior high it turns into a completely different school. I am really disappointed with the level of teaching and their priorities seem to be all 'messed up.' I'll be glad when this year is over!

Posted January 16, 2008

I am a parent of two at this school. The elementary teachers were, for the most part, awesome. However, beware when you enter into middle school. You are entering into another dimension. (Not a good one). I am very disappointed in the middle school. I believe there are much better alternatives, and Randall should really take a good look at what is going on in middle school.

Posted January 2, 2008

The elementary level teachers at Randall were caring and compassionate with only a few exceptions. Academically, Randall does a commendale job! Its band program is awesome.

Posted July 15, 2007

Im a student at Randall School and I love it there this year is my last and I'll miss it alot because it was my childhood I love my school and I'd tell anyone to go.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 18, 2006

My experience with Randall Consolidated School has been a good one. My child's teacher is excellent! I do not feel the discipline at this school is too strict nor do they make children conform to a mold, they do make children behave and show respect though which is very good in my opinion. I appreciate the locked doors and the method of signing in when entering the building. My only wish would be to see more parents involved. I help out another classroom which is short of parent volunteers even though I don't have a child in that class because of the need for parent volunteers. I don't have a comment on the extracurricular activities as my child isn't old enough to participate in them. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Randall Consolidated School to anyone.

Posted March 6, 2006

The school leadership is strong. The facility is in great shape and well equiped. The teachers,specialists, and administrators are top notch for the area. The curriculum is varied and aggressive, preparing the students very well for High School. But as with other endeavors in life, parents must help out with the education of their children if their child is struggling. Its too easy for a parent to say the teacher or the school does not care if their child does not fit the school's 'mold' in the classroom. In this day and age, with larger classrooms, less funds available for schools, and a greater diversity of students capacities than ever before, parents also must help their children learn. Its a partnership with the School. Parents can't blame the school if their child needs extra help. One teacher in the classroom can't do it all. Parents must pitch in when necessary.

Posted February 1, 2006

I have to agree with the other post,Kids get singled out if they don't conform.The shut up and sit down approach to teaching.. I for one have had 3 kids at this school and now have two which strugle to just pass.

Math

The state average for Math was 49% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 34% in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Wisconsin used the Wisconsin Student Assessment System (WSAS), which includes the WKCE and WAA, to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 in math and reading, and in grades 4, 8 and 10 in language arts, science and social studies. The WSAS is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Wisconsin. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level. In private schools, only voucher program participants are tested.
GreatSchools' ratings currently reflect 2012-13 testing data.

Beginning in the 2012-2013 school year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction implemented new definitions of what it means to be proficient on the WSAS test. As a result of these changes, proficiency scores for Wisconsin schools are lower than they were in previous years.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 75% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 36% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2014.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 91% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 50% in 2014.

74 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 33% in 2014.

74 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 36% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

82 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 37% in 2014.

82 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 63% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 33% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2014.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 79% in 2014.

All Students70%

Not disabledn/a
Proficient in English42%
Not migrant42%

GreatSchools' ratings currently reflect 2012-13 testing data.

The different student groups are identified by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. If there are fewer than 5 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group. Subgroup scores for each school are only reported for students who were enrolled as of the fall enrollment count. The All students score includes results for all students who took the test, regardless of when they first enrolled in the school.

All Students77%

Master's degree and above 49%N/A55%

Teacher credentials

Teachers with valid license 100%N/A98%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Reading specialist(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options