Burlington, WI

Posted November 29, 2014
Randall is a terrific school. Years ago we purchased property within the school district I work for, but we have chosen to stay at Randall because our children like it so much. They have benefitted from a gifted and talented program that is adapted to suit their needs. The school embraces the fine arts as well to allow students a creative outlet. My older son is now learning to compose his own music. The curriculum is challenging and prepares the children for the rigors of high school. The teachers have made strides in incorporating technology into the classrooms and providing easy access to parents to resources. One area for improvement would be to begin sports activities at 4th or 5th and to incorporate other popular sports like soccer.

Posted April 29, 2014
since randall got a new principle this year I am very pleased! she actually listens to what you have to say, and don't laugh in your face when you have issues she gets to the bottom of things, also im am so happy with the kindergarden teacher if it were not for her my child would of suffered with his learning all year! I jus want to say thank you both Mrs. Ziggler and Ms. Micheals for everything you have done this year, And thank you to all the rest of the teachers. The only issue I have had this year and last is Mr. Bloom, they can get rid of his anytime, but other than that I love this school, it has been great since I was a chid and now my own children I wouldn't want them in any other school, I wouldn't care if I had to drive a hour to get my kids to Randall I would do it just so they go to a great school

Posted October 05, 2013
A change in the principal is a step in the right direction for Randall, but it has a long way to go.Take a look at the surrounding schools(Lakewood,Wheatland, Trevor-Wilmot)see what their school is doing regarding tech, curriculum and before/after school care. All 3 schools are way ahead regarding technology.I know Randall has hired a talented Technology Director but we need to finance the program.Randall doesn't offer any after school activities besides sports/music.It has been suggested by parents but again Randall has not executed these programs.Randall is the only school out of the 4 to have a full time Business Manager.Together why haven't the Bus.Mgr. and Administrator figured out a way to improve the school regarding purchasing technology and programs.Other schools have also implemented new curriculum such as STEM(science,tech,engineering,math).What updates havevRandall made?It's the job of the Administrator to improve our technology and curriculum (he afterall has a doctorate degree for this)and the Boards job to make sure he does it.The Board needs to get a new administrator and things will improve.If an admin. values something he will fiind a way to make it happen.

Posted August 02, 2013
Unfortunately two of the latest reviews are factually incorrect regarding many of their statements. Completely wrong regarding Common Core, as Randall is a leader and ahead of the curve in prepping for CC, as they were with Character Ed, PBIS, and RTI. Wrong regarding teachers not being prepared for CC, as they've been given time dedicated solely to this work for well over three years. Teachers recommendations are being used in deciding what tools are purchased for CC. Wrong regarding MAP testing. It is NOT mandated by the state and Randall is NOT out of compliance. Many schools along with Randall use other highly regarded testing methods. Wrong regarding Randall living on its reputation. That's very insulting to the teachers of today who work very hard to provide the best learning environment possible, who present at statewide functions proudly because our work is producing results! Who take pride in knowing the high school is adopting some of our methods and initiatives, because they work!

Posted August 01, 2013
Randall has a new principle and I believe the next few years we are going to see great changes!

Posted January 29, 2013
Randall has been know for years to be a great school. Unfortunately, the current administration has chosen to live off their reputation. The administration has not kept up on Common Core standard nor have they prepared their teachers with vital tools to implement these standards. Communication is lacking on the administration side. The lack of teacher support and the overall climate of the school concerns me. We also have had problems with the 4k and removed our child because of the teacher. This teacher has had numerous complaints for years and yet she still teaches. Majority of teachers at Randall are amazing and is why we have stayed this long. We will be taking advantage of Open Enrollment on Feb. 2- April 3. We like the other reviewer agree that the lack of Map testing, other forms of data based testing and technology are a concern. Until the board removes the administration we will Open Enroll out. Looking for positive changes.

Posted January 28, 2013
Open enrollment starts 2-4-03.I plan on putting my children's names on the list.When our children started at Randall I was told that this was the best school in the area.Unfortunately it is becoming more apparent to me that the school isn't striving to be that excellent school and seems to be riding on their reputation. Many schools in the area including Wheatld, River,Bristol,Trevor are using Map testing (in addition to aims) as suggested by dpi. Our adminis. comments " too expensive." In my opinion...a necessary expense considering we are one of the few schools in the area still not compliant with dpi. One other concern I have is the lack of support for our teachers, and many have questioned the climate of our school. More as a "Do as I say or leave attitude. A school run like a corporation is not conducive to an ideal learning environment. I really hope to see some positives changes in the near future but if not I will consider enrolling out of Randall. DON'T JUST LOOK AT SCHOOL RATING (which is just a bunch of state mandates).....CHECK PARENTS REVIEWS. In my opinion a great school is more than their state testing standards. Parent's reviews very helpful. Thank you .

Posted March 23, 2012
Two of my children attended Randall School, and it was such a positive experience for all of us! The teachers are wonderful and go out of their way to make learning fun for the kids! Both of our kids thrived immensely during the entire school year, which is what any parent wants to see! The principal is extremely involved, and goes above and beyond to interact with the kids and make the school be the wonderful place that it is! I would highly recommend Randall to anyone in the area looking for a top-notch school for their children. I would open-enroll my kids just to get them into Randall!

Posted June 09, 2010
Randall School is one of the best schools I have seen in action in recent memory. The curriculum is current. The teaching staff is amazing. The administration does what is best for kids! Parent participation and involvement is second to none! While it is true that any school you enter has its problems, Randall's entire staff works hard to encourage, support, and challenge our youth to be the best possible citizens of our community!

Posted April 25, 2010
I agree with the person who posted 3/10/10. Elementary was wonderful but once my children hit junior high, what a disappointment. Many of the teachers take their frustrations out on the students and punish the entire class for one or two children's misbehaviors. This happens often and leaves those that behave well wondering why bother since they are lumped together and told 'you are a bad class'. The Excel program seems more like a 'clique' or special 'club'. Lastly, way too many teachers have students who go there and receive special treatment/priviliges...sad when your children are the ones that actually point that out to you. I think some of the teachers are burned out and should move on and let younger teachers with energy and enthusiasm take over.

Randall Consolidated School
37101 - 87th St, Burlington, WI  53105
Last modified Randall Consolidated School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Randall Consolidated School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top