Posted November 04, 2013
Our two children have enjoyed a positive experience attending Thorson. The teachers and staff are engaged and caring, creating an environment that is welcoming and inclusive of all. There is a true sense of community, and family participation and involvement is high. The children are encouraged and challenged to be their best, academically and socially. The quality and standard of learning far exceeds the levels at the school district my oldest started at (which was considered "good" by many), and additional learning programs are quickly implemented when help is needed. We have seen great progress during her time at Thorson. Both our children are eager to go to school and are performing well at Thorson.

Thorson Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2011
I am wondering why you scrubbed my previous comments. I thought you were allowed to be constructive on this site

Thorson Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2011
My oldest son went to school at Thorson for Kindergarten-5th grade and we were very disappointed in the experience. For three of the years he had teachers who were not plugged in. In first grade, his teacher was gone for several months for a hip replacement. In second grade his teacher was recovering from cancer, and in third grade his teacher was gone for 3 months on maternity leave. The gym teacher was extremely mean to him and picked on him constantly for his lack of physical skills. My son is not very athletic and he would come home in tears because of her. When I talked to the principal (who is no longer there) she dismissed my concerns and stood up for the teacher. I feel like this school neglected his needs and even broke his spirit. He is now in middle school and he has a low self-esteem and was not prepared for the coursework. I very much regret sending my son to Thorson and wish I could go back in time and do things over.

Posted April 21, 2010
My child goes there and thinks it is a great school.

Thorson Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2008
Thorson is a wonderful school. My daughters have flourished here. The teachers/staff are open and care about our children. The school has a very active PTA and provides so much for our families.

Posted December 20, 2007

Posted July 28, 2007
this is a great school for all children it is highly recommended

Thorson Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
Good, solid education. High quality resources (library, computers, etc.) Overall teacher quality is high. I'd like to see some teachers be more open to new ideas. Excellent parental involvement w/highly active PTA. Very good art, music and guidance programs.

Thorson Elementary School
W51N932 Keup Rd, Cedarburg, WI  53012
Last modified Thorson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thorson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top