Bad
Good

Very disappointed in this school thus far. Some teachers are very involved and engage the students. Other teachers are just there for a job. It is hard to get some teachers to convey what they actually expect for a child in their class. The music, pe and art teachers have used put downs when trying to get the students to do what they want them to do. Just when you think you know how your child is doing in class because of the grades they are bringing home, the report card conveys something entirely different. Very frustrated. Should have done some research before moving into this school boundary.

Our two children have enjoyed a positive experience attending Thorson. The teachers and staff are engaged and caring, creating an environment that is welcoming and inclusive of all. There is a true sense of community, and family participation and involvement is high. The children are encouraged and challenged to be their best, academically and socially. The quality and standard of learning far exceeds the levels at the school district my oldest started at (which was considered "good" by many), and additional learning programs are quickly implemented when help is needed. We have seen great progress during her time at Thorson. Both our children are eager to go to school and are performing well at Thorson.

I am wondering why you scrubbed my previous comments. I thought you were allowed to be constructive on this site

My oldest son went to school at Thorson for Kindergarten-5th grade and we were very disappointed in the experience. For three of the years he had teachers who were not plugged in. In first grade, his teacher was gone for several months for a hip replacement. In second grade his teacher was recovering from cancer, and in third grade his teacher was gone for 3 months on maternity leave. The gym teacher was extremely mean to him and picked on him constantly for his lack of physical skills. My son is not very athletic and he would come home in tears because of her. When I talked to the principal (who is no longer there) she dismissed my concerns and stood up for the teacher. I feel like this school neglected his needs and even broke his spirit. He is now in middle school and he has a low self-esteem and was not prepared for the coursework. I very much regret sending my son to Thorson and wish I could go back in time and do things over.

My child goes there and thinks it is a great school.

Thorson is a wonderful school. My daughters have flourished here. The teachers/staff are open and care about our children. The school has a very active PTA and provides so much for our families.

this is a great school for all children it is highly recommended

Last modified Thorson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.