Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

From day 1, it seems this school has had an effective plan to keep children safe and make them responsible for their own behaviors and actions.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Although my child does not have learning differences, that I know of, I am aware of other children who have attended this school and I think they are effectively supported by the teachers and staff.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is now in her 2nd year and the superintendent is also new. The school is locked and I feel my child is safe. I like all the teachers and staff that I've met so far.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is big on "Parkview Pride." I've reviewed newsletters sent home encouraging children to be respectful, safe and be responsible for their own actions and behaviors and to be considerate of each other.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter really likes her teacher and tells me stories of the other teachers, too. From what I can gather, the teachers can sometimes be strict and require good behavior from all students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Reading and comprehension are emphasized. The math homework has been manageable, would not object to more. I was pleased to see science homework last week.

We just moved to Chippewa Falls/Lake Wissota and attend Parkview. My daughter has an excellent teacher and she loves school! I'm pleased with the reading and math curriculum. She really enjoys the music and art classes, too. The library has an open floorplan and is huge. The new principal is friendly and active and seems the staff is really invested in these kids. Highly recommend!!

Hate this school! I cant think of one nice thing to say about staff!my child has been here for4 yrs, the bullying at this school Is out rageus, its not just my kids either. The teacher will deny a problem even when its has been brought up over and over and over again.

My son has gone to Parkview for two years. The teachers he has had so far have been great. My problems with this school are with the front desk staff and the principal. Neither of the two mentioned have any respect for the parents of the children. Every time I've visited the school it's been a problem for the front desk. They seem to really hate having to do what most people like to call their "job". I always feel like I'm burdening then, whether it's because I'm picking him up when he usually rides the bus, or calling him in sick. The principal is not much better. She also displays rude behavior. The school is beautiful and in a great spot, if only the employees matched. I wish we were zoned into another school's district, but unfortunately even after moving, we are not.

Disregard the first review, I attended this school the first year it opened as a 5th grade student, and I can tell you, absolutely, this school overlooks a county highway and is next to the Chippewa County fair grounds. It is a beautiful school, however, and well maintained. The main office staff is friendly,mostly, but the faculty seems to have lost any individuality and accountability they may have previously had. Students are berated constantly for minor infractions/mistakes, and I don't see how bullying from teachers is suppose to make these children feel better about themselves and inspire ambition in anything beyond finding the fastest way out of the school.

Last modified Parkview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.