Posted January 24, 2011
Cushing is a great school! The teachers and staff are kind and supportive. Both of my children have been challenged academically. There isn't a lot of "teaching to the test", and the children still get to do creative projects that push them to think beyond facts. There is continual teacher development, and new ways of teaching seem to be introduced regularly. When I talk with my friends who have kids in other elementary schools in the district, it seems that Cushing is the leader in innovative curriculum. We have a tremendous resource in our parent volunteers, who allow our teachers to do more with less.

Posted October 12, 2009

Cushing Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
I have attended other schools private and public because of job relocations. Cushing is all around near perfect for our family!

Posted February 07, 2009

Posted November 18, 2008

Posted October 16, 2008
My daughter has attended Cushing Elementary since kindergarten and has thrived academically and socially. An 'Extreme Makeover' committee has worked the past two years to give the old building a facelift (the least of my concerns) and funds were raised through donations, not sales, for technology investments. Students are taught study skills and problem resolution skills and have regular talks as a group with the guidance counselor. An excellent principal retired in 2006 and was replaced by an excellent new principal. Still a blue ribbon school in my book.

Posted November 01, 2006
Cushing has exceptional teachers that are caring and devoted. There are may activities to get involved in during and after school. An 'old building' is the least of my concerns. My child is happy and thriving.

Cushing Elementary School 3

Posted April 12, 2005
Before sending your kids to this school, think about the future of the Kettle Morraine School Dist. There is a SERIOUS need for another school. Currently, Cushing is at or near its enrollment limit and the school still takes in children from outside the boundaries. Also, there are issues with discipline that have to be addressed. The parental involvement is wonderful - but only coming from the parents of the children that are well-behaved and nice. One more thing, this is an OLD building. We were recently pleased to see that we have new soap dispensers! Now, the children can wash their hands with ease and that's the plus for 2005!

Posted May 18, 2004
This is a really nice school, it has all of the things you need and more, the teachers are great and always want to help the kids more then they need to. I love this school, and I was sad to leave it!

Cushing Elementary School
227 N Genesee St, Delafield, WI  53018
Last modified Cushing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cushing Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.