Northland Pines High School 5

Posted April 08, 2014
An incredibly caring staff, quality facilities and a supporting local community make the Northland Pines High School such a success. I have had the privilege of sending two of my children to the Northland Pines High School and I have no regrets.

Northland Pines High School 5

Posted April 08, 2014
I graduated from NPHS and loved my experience there. All the teachers were great, the guidance department was a huge help, and my transition to college went smoothly. The sense of community that the Northland Pines High School has is like nothing I've ever felt before. Alumni stick together years after graduation and remain close friends. I would recommend the Northland Pines School District to anyone who wants to enjoy getting an education. The new high school building is fabulous! I love that the community can come in and use it along with the students. The high school musicals are amazing, their sports teams are excellent, and the students are so positive there. I am proud to be part of a community that supports it's local schools and students.

Posted August 11, 2013
The teachers do their best to adapt t the ongoing changes of a poor administration. New methods are a constant, so children suffer while every discipline implements something NEW each and EVERY year. Safety is never a priority, even when the leaders speak to the contrary. Dollars. The bottom line is always how to look good on paper or in the media while compensating the inner circle of friends. A newsletter of poor quality writers speaks to the level of educational capabilities... Run-on sentences, preparing for failure, and misuse of punctuation are typical. We wish we had selected a better school for our children. College will prove to be difficult! We do not blame the teachers, but we do realize the administrators at the school district failed. The technology used to work, but it is a "money pit" suddenly. My children are told the reason focuses on our rural neighborhood, but it used to be amazing. Why? We believe we are not being told the truth. Again, this fact no longer surprises us... Questions always result in a souped up response perfect for a news conference, filled with words and no substance.

Posted January 03, 2013
I graduated from Northland Pines and I thought that I had received a good education...boy was I wrong! I got to college and had absolutely no idea how to study for exams or how to take notes. I suffered a great deal my freshman year of college because I was so unprepared. Part of it was on my end because I wanted to take easy classes and just slide on through my last year of high school. I did participate in Youth Options and went to Nicolet and got some gen. eds out of the way. But I was in no way prepared for real college level courses. The guidance office makes all the seniors take a survey before our last day and it asks us how prepared we feel for college, if we feel confident we will succeed in college and what they can do better if you don't fee ready. I answered that I felt I was ready, I wish they would give that survey again. I would give them a big fat F! They don't prepare seniors for the real college work load and I suffered for it.

Posted September 16, 2009
Our teacher's really care about the well being and futures of our children. They are organized and give the word 'teacher' a great respected name.

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted August 19, 2008
Beautifully new building, but poor quality education inside it. Most teachers are only doing enough to get through their teaching day, while students suffer by lack of knowledge and education that should be happening in the classroom. Students only do enough to get by, because nothing of true quality is expected of them. Policies in writing are not followed. Dress-code is not enforced. No consistency with consequences or rewards. I would not recommend this school, unless you have come from a very low-quality education already.

Northland Pines High School 3

Posted January 11, 2008
This school is not that great.. Kids don't learn things they are expected... even some of the simple things... and then they learn things that are not even usfull

Posted December 31, 2007
As a 2000 graduate of NPHS I feel as though I was not prepared for the outside world and what college was going to throw at me academically. I struggled through college and got a four year degree.

Northland Pines High School 4

Posted September 24, 2007

Northland Pines High School
1800 Pleasure Island Rd, Eagle River, WI  54521
Last modified Northland Pines High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northland Pines High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top