Public charter
Eau Claire, WI

Posted August 01, 2014
My three children have attended this school for 7 years. We live 20 minutes away and applied for open enrollment, enrollment is free by the way. I have worked in another elementary school in the same district for the last three years, and I can say if it weren't for this Montessori school I do not know where my children would attend school. This last school year I had many opportunities to volunteer, and did so with much enjoyment! I know many instructors thru working with the district and have to state that you won't find as many as the teachers at Montessori who truly care about each child as an individual. They also treat the families with the same respect and the communication home is excellent. A major concern of mine regarding my children's learning environment. It is suited to work for the child, very safe and peaceful. I could not have imagined a better elementary learning experience for my children!

Posted September 18, 2013
We've just started here. Our daughter is in kindergarten and loves it. We took a tour of the school last year and were impressed with not only how the kids were learning (we're new to Montessori), but the environment. So relaxed, yet focused. We've met a number of other parents from the school and have had a few meetings/discussions with teachers & staff. All very friendly and very community oriented. We're encouraged to volunteer and I'm looking forward to my opportunity to join in the fun. In a few years, our youngest will join her sister at this school. Overall, I'm very excited for both our girls', and ours (!), experience here.

Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School 3

Posted May 27, 2013
I have been to better, pulled my child out it's over rated. It's rare to see the staff smile while dropping off your child and its more rare to hear a good morning. It's small things like that that sets the attitude for the day and about school. They seemed to be understaffed, and stressed. Volunteers are not allowed. (huh? even with a background check) I could never find an accurate answer for the daycare charges and you'll never see a PRINTED explanation of what the charges or rates are. Pay attention, keep track. They only clean once a week using a vinegar base on the childrens toys, expect to see strep, pink eye and plenty of viral infections. I am all for organic for the most part, except for things that can end up in another child's mouth.

Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School 2

Posted October 02, 2012
My daughter attended this school after attending another montessori school elsewhere. She loved montessori...until we came here. Unlike her other montessori class, she was allowed very little freedom and absolutely NO socializing (except during recess once per week for 15 minutes for the 4-yr-olds). I love montessori and have read books about it, so I know that many of Maria Montessori's methods have been supported by recent research. However, research also shows that playtime and social interaction are very important, particularly in young children, so I was very disappointed in the lack of social opportunities and free time for young kids to play (much less than the other montessori). It got no better when she started kindergarten -- very little recess and skipping gym and art in order to have more work time. I was very upset that my daughter no longer liked school. We ended up moving her to a traditional school where she is very happy. I know of many kids who are very happy at this montessori, just be aware that it may not be like other montessori schools and allows very little freedom for interaction among students (at least in my daughter's class). Research carefully.

Posted January 02, 2010
Warm, caring environment; wonderful teachers and dedicated staff. My kids have been there since kindergarten, and will soon graduate to middle school. I couldn't imagine a better elementary school environment for them to have been in!

Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It's small but our kid is so happy there. They take very good care of their students and provide the best learning environment!

Posted November 03, 2008

Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School 4

Posted September 01, 2007
The school has the quality teachers that love what they do by inspiring and instilling respect and diversity and challenging the children to discover learning by the Montessori principles. The children are not pushed but allowed to discover and learn at their own pace in a hands on approach. What you think could be a chaotic and over stimulating environment is actually peaceful thought provoking atmosphere. There is much community and parent support and involvement at the school, including a governance board. This is a charter public school for the entire Chippewa valley, and not just one school district. The main downfall is lack of busing to the school. There is also some issues with the school board and the charter contract related to budget issues trying to make the school fit into the mold of a typical elementary school.

Posted June 10, 2006
Students in this environment are challenged to think and learn beyond traditional academic expectations. My daughter is encouraged to read, perform math problems, explore arts and sciences beyond her level, but she is never forced. She is allowed to stay with learning as long as she feels she needs or wants in order to build confidence in any given discipline of learning. Unlike most Montessori-type schools, instructors are trained in both the Montessori philosophy as well as traditional training and certifications in education.

Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School
400 Cameron St, Eau Claire, WI  54703
Last modified Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top