Edgerton, WI

Edgerton High School 2

Posted February 09, 2014
Edgerton is a small town with a small town school. If your child tries to get involved in sports, drama, etc. it is about who you know, or more about what your last name is. My daughter had a problem with a teacher bulling her, principal said that he knew this teacher all his life and that he didn't believe me in so many words. I am new to town and asked around to see if anyone else had problems with teacher, there was many parents that had problems with same teacher. (8 to be exact) Lots of internal problems with teachers that aren't being dealt with. Maybe because it is so small they can't get the better educators??? I don't know.....we are moving soon....thank goodness my kids won't have to deal with this school any longer.

Edgerton High School 4

Posted January 31, 2014
I've been to eight different schools in the last five years and this is genuinely the best one. Most teachers I've encountered want to help kids graduate and generally want to see them do well; they're always around, happy to answer questions, and can often make time to see you if you ask. Lots of chances to take AP classes and even take college courses (if you've advanced enough). I /love/ that EHS is so involved in their arts programs, because I've been to so many schools where it's just been about football, basketball, etc.. Overall, it's actually a really great school.

Posted November 10, 2013
My kids who graduated from this school are doing great at college and in their lives in general. The balance of top-notch academic classes with opportunities in sports and the arts is truly impressive. The teachers pay attention to what students need and communicate well with parents.

Edgerton High School 1

Posted April 28, 2010
We moved in from another state and have children in all three of the schools, they feel it's too easy. Points are freely given to help failing kids who don't do homework pass. Drugs and alcohol are a huge problem among the students -- a middle school teacher stated a statistic of 85% use (66% being the national average). Sports seem to be for the kids whose parents have grown up here and/or whose parents are friends with the teachers and coaches. New principal this year, new super next year... maybe they can turn the trend in the right direction.

Edgerton High School 1

Posted April 05, 2010
I graduated from this school and it did not help me at all for college, because you don't have to study at that school to do well. Many kids cheat all the time, and the students are generally not nice or accepting of new people.

Edgerton High School 0

Posted April 01, 2010
I have to agree about knowing the right people or more so being a 'Townie' in Edgerton. Especially with the baseball program. Otherwise the school system is fine.

Edgerton High School 2

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted December 23, 2008
I had my 3 children, and 2 grandchildren graduate from Edgerton High School after attending since kindergarten. The academics are very good. There are high expectations. They offer special opportunities to all students not just the gifted and talented. They reward good attendence and academics as well as sports. The special ed department is excellent with very knowledgeable teachers. There is generally very good communication between teachers and parents. Yahara school is a forerunner of the ungraded classrooms, and give students individualized attention because it is so small. The students appear to be slightly more innocent compared to other urban school districts. The elementary school in town is, if not the biggest, one of the biggest in Rock County. I felt I always had a handle on what was going on and I felt my kids were getting a good education and they were safe.

Posted October 09, 2008
Great School! My kids love the sports, extra curricular activities, fun social events, dances, teachers, faculties and everything. I think the small schools are always a better learning enviornment for my children. I highly recomend this school.

Edgerton High School 0

Posted October 09, 2008
The school is good. The athletics are only for people who know the right people. If your parents did not go to Edgerton, it is hard to be noticed. Also, the coaches tend to live vicariously through the students.

Edgerton High School
200 Elm High Dr, Edgerton, WI  53534
Last modified Edgerton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgerton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top