Bad
Good

I go to this school and I have had a great experience. I would recommend it. They have great teachers and fantastic learning.

We relocated to Elkhorn from Arizona in June 2013. As a former educator myself, I was unsure of what to expect in such a small town/district school. My daughter was in 7th grade and we absolutely loved EAMS. The staff is top-notch and the have amazing curriculum and actually take students on many hands-on, engaging field trips (something we did not have in our district in Arizona due to funding). My daughter's teachers were warm, caring, and effective and not only did they reach out to my daughter to assist her with meeting students and settling in, but they also offered to help ME and my younger son with anything we needed during our adjustment period. She has always been in advanced courses and I felt that the instruction at EAMS was very challenging. I think the social studies department in 7th grade did a phenomenal job of getting students to think critically about current events and their place in the world - something many schools do not even attempt these days. I couldn't be happier with EAMS! We were sad when we had to leave after the school year was over. It is an amazing school with dedicated teachers and the students also seem overwhelmingly friendly, too.

This School is struggling to properly ready kids for High School. Throwing kids to work on a computer all day is simply not enough to prepare kids for the next level of their education.

I give this school two stars because my student is not happy there often. The teachers say they are big on stopping bullying, but there I no help for it there. Students are rude and disrespectful, and a lot of teachers are not very helpful to their students. However, some teachers are very nice and push for their students to do better. The vice principal is too strict on the wrong things. There is not much discipline towards students who need it. Some students have terrible attitudes.. and for those students, the staff seems to have given up trying with. I know this only because my child comes home very often and tells me everything that happens.. over all the school has a lot of improving to do.

i gave it 5 stars because i really like the school and kids and teachers and staff.

I selected 4 stars because I think we always have to room to improve. The students here are respectful and try hard, for the most part, to do their best. The parents care tremendously and help teachers to do the best we can for their children. The board is willing to support learning for students and teachers. It is a pleasure to work here.

I love my teachers and the kids at this school.

I am a student at this school, and if you want my opinion, this school should be 10/10, for good teachers, the ability to be in a variety of sports, music class, and the opportunity for parents to help and be involved. If you are BEGGING for some type of criticism, you could say this school has a little bit of a bully issue. But, they are doing their best to resolve it, by giving us students some great tips to deal with them throughout the year.

Last modified Elkhorn Area Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.