Bad
Good

My son has gone to Pier for 2 1/2 years now and before that my daughters were at Pier. We thought this was a great school however lately we are questioning that fact. I am highly involved in the school volunteering and PTO. Class sizes are pretty big, younger grades are full 25 to 27 kids per classroom, and of course with that many children in a class some kids can get left behind or not paid attention to.

My daughter has attended Pier for the past 2.5 yrs as well as myself a good many years ago. I have been very pleased with the amount of programs at Pier, especially the awesome Right to Read Program. They also accommodate many of their students in a Boys & Girls Club after school. I do wish we had more academic programs in science etc. We will see what the future holds in that department. The amount of parent invitation and parent involvement has been good. I have been very pleased with the educators that my daughter has been placed with and anticipate the future to continue the pattern. My scores may not reflect a 5 simply because I feel there is always room for improvement... and you better be off the charts to forego this score! Bear this in mind:)

Last modified Pier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.