Germantown, WI
Students enrolled: 1,427

Posted February 25, 2015
Too many drugs and teen depression. Not sure if most schools that have 9-10 ratings have this awful problem. I'd love to see some statistics on this, and cannot find anything.

Germantown High School 5

Posted November 16, 2012
All of the staff is very helpful and they truly care about all of the students.

Germantown High School 4

Posted December 18, 2011
I recently enrolled into Germantown High and I was very hesitant on it. Yes it is very cliquey but usually you find people to hang out with and become friends with. However in order to do this you have to be outgoing and not super shy. I moved to Germantown from Greenfield after my Freshman year. Greenfield was definitely worse than Germantown mainly because of the teachers and because of how ghetto it got in just a year or two. So compared to my old school this school is great. I definitely would recommend your child going here.

Posted February 23, 2010
As a current student i would say dont send your child here. The minute they walk through the door they get judged by any one and everyone

Germantown High School 5

Posted October 25, 2006
As a parent of a Freshman who had not attended a Gtown grade school, I have been thoroughly impressed with the teachers and the atmosphere. The new Principal is doing an outstanding job of communicating with students, faculty and parents. He is helping to create a culture of enthusiasm and pride.

Posted November 21, 2005
I went to this school for two years. I moved here from Milwaukee and it took my entire freshman year to be accepted into a clique. I agree with other views that the school crosses the line with cliques. The teachers werent great, but I was a hard student to have. They didnt offer as much help as I needed, yes they'd send me to the math lab, but what was that going to do? its not the worste, but not the best. The school is awesome when it comes to extracurricular activities. I wouldnt reccomend this school to anyone that didnt grow up in Germantown.

Posted October 10, 2005
I have attended germantown highschool all four years. It's not your top school but it isn't your worst. Some of the teachers are bias and have their favorites like every school. Also they don't really listen to kids problems or what they need to fix about the school. I do have to say though that their higher education teachers who teach the advances classes are really good teachers and focus on the students needs.

Germantown High School 1

Posted October 20, 2004
I'm a former student. I spent my junior year at Germantown and it was terrible. Being originally from the city of Milwaukee, the students (and some teachers) pre-judged me like I was just like the majority of Milwaukee Public School students... we didn't put any effort into our work and were just some punk city kids. I know every school has its share of cliques, but Germantown crosses the line. School isn't meant to be a social place, but it still has an affect on students' work. I had a 4.0 GPA before I switched to this school. At the end of the year, it had dropped to a 2.5. There is simply too much pressure put on by the teachers with very little help that they give and the students don't help the situation. If you're not white, rich, and don't wear brand-name clothes... good luck here, you'll need it!

Germantown High School 4

Posted August 22, 2003
This will be my 4th year at this school. My school has a very strong guide line of believing in yourself. The teachers always push you as hard as you will go, but when you do need help, they don't hesitate to give you a hand. We may not be the top notch school for knowledge, but I feel I am learning what I want and need to learn.

Germantown High School
W180N11501 River Lane, Germantown, WI  53022
Last modified Germantown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Germantown High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top