Glendale, WI
Students enrolled: 1,100

Posted December 20, 2014
Great school! My sister is a senior and will be going to college next year and I have enjoyed watching her group up as a knight. I will be a freshman next year. I am very excited and I rate it a very good score!

Nicolet High School 3

Posted March 14, 2013
Nicolet is a good and bad school at the same time. Its my first year here and its wonderful. Hopefully they will only grow to be a even better school!

Posted March 13, 2012
I can't say enough wonderful things about this school. My child is not in that so-called "Honors bubble" but has committed, caring teachers who really go out of their way to support her. The curriculum is creative and challenging --- I really love the fact that all kids participate in activities like National History Day -- and the teachers I've met really know their stuff. As for the other comments about the hallways and other problems, I'm not sure we were at the same school! The times I've been there, I've seen nothing more than kids walking to class, teachers standing outside of their doors joking with kids -- my daughter is not an outgoing girl, but she feels safe and encouraged there. Tons of activities, an overall AP passing rate of 75% -- this is a fantastic school! I would never pay for a private school with this option.

Nicolet High School 1

Posted November 02, 2011
It is not as diverse as everyone says it it and as far as ethnicity go it is very limited. There are many Caucasians and Blacks and honestly, there is ignorance to different ethnicity's, as I am experiencing. Teachers do not follow the code of conduct as they are extremely lenient with the regulations and policies set. The profanity and inappropriate behavior from both the staff and the students is a shame and also very frustrating as there is such a high tolerance for it. The staff is very narrow-minded and snotty if you are not in the Honors program or they suspect you do not understand certain concepts. Another matter, is the distinct separation of students who are taking Accelerated, Honors or College Prep classes. There is a high level of competition and there is no trace of teamwork. I am very disappointed in this school. My family came to this country for a better life; getting me into a successful school. If the rest of the US exemplifies what I am experiencing in Nicolet, then I am ashamed to be here. I have felt nothing but isolation here, as I previously noted about the lack of be including to those not of one's financial position, race, or intellectual desires.

Nicolet High School 1

Posted February 04, 2011
This is a great school IF you can keep your child safe within the "Honors Bubble". The rest of the students are tolerated, left to fend for themselves. The atmospere in the halls is hostile, gross, and ugly. There is little school spirit, no sense of community. We made a huge mistake sending our child there, are scrambling to find an alternative, and will not send our younger child there. The teachers union has the place in a stranglehold -- burned out teachers remain, the new teachers are gone. Most resources and attention go to the misbehaving/failing students (many) and the Honors/gifted/ talented students (also many, some by the grace of tutors and prescription meds). If your student does not fall in either of these categories, beware.

Posted December 28, 2010
great academics. great extracurriculars. great student resources. a lot of diversity. overall, a very good school that should be mentioned as one of the top in the state. with declining enrollment and lowered budgets, it will be interesting to see how the administration can keep it from declining.

Posted May 31, 2009

Posted April 24, 2009
I sent 4 through this school. All received an excptional education and got into their choice college. Course selection is great. All learned to write well which put the ahead of most of their freshman college classmates. They all underestimated the value of their HS experience until they got to college and saw how far ahead of most of their classmates they actually were. The parent's are active, the school board is responsive, the ahtletics are strong with many sports having a no cut policy. Three of my children lettered in sports including swimming, cross country and track. As with any school, you as a parent, must remain involved and active with conferences and other engagement. If you do, it will be a good experience. The student body is diverse and take school seriously.

Posted March 17, 2009

Posted March 04, 2009

Nicolet High School
6701 N Jean Nicolet Rd, Glendale, WI  53217
Last modified Nicolet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nicolet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top