Green Bay, WI
Students enrolled: 1,257

Posted August 29, 2014
East has issues that are typical of any "inner city" school - kids who don't want to be there, kids without stable role models in their lives, or kids who have to work to support themselves/their families and thus have less energy to devote to school. In that sense, it's lower-ranked than some of the other area schools where you just don't have a high percentage students with those issues, and this is definitely reflected in things like test scores. However, if you can look beyond that, it's a FABULOUS school. Initially I was apprehensive about my child attending but four years later, I can see what a good experience it was. The teachers and staff members are so wonderful and truly want your children to succeed. The performing arts department is excellent. There are a wide variety of clubs, activities, and classes to choose from. It's a very caring environment and I'm really glad we decided to go ahead and be a part of the East "family." It's a definitely a hidden gem.

Posted March 27, 2014
My school is a good one, but lots of people don't think so... I have only been attending for 1 and a half semesters, but as a freshman I have been treated equally to all the other students.

East High School 5

Posted August 21, 2012
Whenever I enter East high School it feels like I'm right back home. The teachers are so friendly. They are pretty much like parents to me. I mean I love my parents, but i love the teachers at East High School as well. I'm not sure why people say what they say about this school. If they just spent one day in the school and got to know the teachers and students they would know how much of a family we all are. All I really want to say is don't judge a book by its cover.

Posted November 03, 2009
This school is the best kept secret in the Green Bay Area. It is full of dedicated, hard working and caring teachers who are willing to work to help ALL students learn. Many look down on EHS as an 'inner city' school but they have no clue what the school is really like. Spend a day at that school and you would see that this is a great learning community.

East High School
1415 East Walnut Street, Green Bay, WI  54301
(920) 448-2090
Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top