School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our school has new leadership and I would welcome any feedback or comments that current and prospective families have. Come and see what Elmore Elementary has to offer.
June 16, 2011

Bad
Good

The only good thing about this school is the principal (Mrs . Norman) I can't find enough good to say about her... Teachers, students and the parents here, total opposite... first year here and my daughter will not be attending next year.

This school has so many caring teachers who do an amazing job and care for the students. The new principal is awesome as well. She seems to have really stepped it up in dealing with bully situations. We now have more eyes and ears on the playground from a "task force" made up of responsible 5th graders. I love this idea because the more eyes the more help is provided when needed and kids are more likely to be respectful when they know are being watched. Recess has gotten a bit of a makeover integrating older kids to hopefully lessen bully incidents. I see her trying out a few new tactics and to me this says a lot.

My daughter loves this school, as do I. The teachers have been amazing so far. Family oriented after school activities!

My daughter has attended Elmore for two years now and we are thrilled with the experience she has had. Her teacher have pushed her to excel and are very approachable. I feel like I have the opportunity to be as involved as I wish to be and do whatever my schedule allows. I can't say anything negative about our experiences so far andI am looking forward to the new school year.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 16, 2011

My son has gone to 3 different schools and this one is by far the best! The teachers are amazing, the Principal is wonderful and the families are great! It is a smaller school- which is nice for the students to get one on one attention. They have fun after school events and its a great place to volunteer as a parent!

Most of the teachers here are great. There is a disturbing lack of leadership from the principal and at times it seems the students run the show. If you want your children to embrace a lifestyle of not being accountable for themselves and growing into the best average student they can be....this is the school for you.

Last modified Elmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.