Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

It is amazing how the staff and principal treat each other professionally as well as the students. It is a true community feeling here. They use PBIS t o help create the wonderful atmosphere of responsibility, respect for all and to be safe.

Awesome staff and great new principal. This school was a Bronze Award winner in 2012 with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Can't say enough about how wonderful my daughters experience was here. Very caring teachers and support staff!

My children have been going to Kennedy for years. My 15 yr old son started there and the teachers and staff are great. My son has autism, ADHD, and bipolor. They worked with him every day and helped me any way they could. My 15yr old is now in Lombardi, but is doing very well. Now my 8 yr old is still in Kennedy and he has had some problems this passed year and the teachers have been helping him. I want to thank them all for all that they do.

My 2 boys had to change schools and go to Kennedy. The teachers and all the staff made it really easy for them they LOVE Kennedy. EVERYONE is so helpful.

We as parents are very happy over all, with our child's education. We feel there could be more parent involvement. We joined the committee for parent involvement. Yes it is ran by long term parents who some are not open to new ideas. You have to ignore this and stand up for what you think could benefit the children. The most inspiring thing this year, was a new parent had an idea and ran with it. Thank you Lori Crooks for getting involved and directing the school play. My child had a part in the play and his self-esteem grow. I hope Lori, considers directing this year 2008-09. We need more parents how about a volleyball team?

I don't know how they come up with the 10 students to a teacher ratio - unless they're averaging in the special needs teachers who are only one to one - because the class sizes are in the mid 20's! I'm very dissapointed with Kennedy this year. No discipline compared to last year, and less parent involvement too.

Kennedy has few extracurricular programs-no sports, leadership, or others. School discipline is lacking, the priniple is not open to new ideas or programs. The parent organization at Kennedy is controlled by a few long time parents, who do not seem to welcome newcomers. The attitude of most of the children at this school shows the effects of the lack of a positive atmosphere.

Kennedy was nothing but a joy last year, and the teachers took extra time with children. This year is polar opposites, and we are very concerned, both with the school's performance, and our childrens new unhappy attitudes.

Last modified Kennedy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.