Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 18, 2016
It is amazing how the staff and principal treat each other professionally as well as the students. It is a true community feeling here. They use PBIS t o help create the wonderful atmosphere of responsibility, respect for all and to be safe.

Posted February 18, 2016
Awesome staff and great new principal. This school was a Bronze Award winner in 2012 with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Can't say enough about how wonderful my daughters experience was here. Very caring teachers and support staff!

Posted August 17, 2013
My children have been going to Kennedy for years. My 15 yr old son started there and the teachers and staff are great. My son has autism, ADHD, and bipolor. They worked with him every day and helped me any way they could. My 15yr old is now in Lombardi, but is doing very well. Now my 8 yr old is still in Kennedy and he has had some problems this passed year and the teachers have been helping him. I want to thank them all for all that they do.

Posted February 12, 2011
My 2 boys had to change schools and go to Kennedy. The teachers and all the staff made it really easy for them they LOVE Kennedy. EVERYONE is so helpful.

Kennedy Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2008
We as parents are very happy over all, with our child's education. We feel there could be more parent involvement. We joined the committee for parent involvement. Yes it is ran by long term parents who some are not open to new ideas. You have to ignore this and stand up for what you think could benefit the children. The most inspiring thing this year, was a new parent had an idea and ran with it. Thank you Lori Crooks for getting involved and directing the school play. My child had a part in the play and his self-esteem grow. I hope Lori, considers directing this year 2008-09. We need more parents how about a volleyball team?

Kennedy Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2008
I don't know how they come up with the 10 students to a teacher ratio - unless they're averaging in the special needs teachers who are only one to one - because the class sizes are in the mid 20's! I'm very dissapointed with Kennedy this year. No discipline compared to last year, and less parent involvement too.

Kennedy Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2007
Kennedy has few extracurricular programs-no sports, leadership, or others. School discipline is lacking, the priniple is not open to new ideas or programs. The parent organization at Kennedy is controlled by a few long time parents, who do not seem to welcome newcomers. The attitude of most of the children at this school shows the effects of the lack of a positive atmosphere.

Posted December 09, 2007
Kennedy was nothing but a joy last year, and the teachers took extra time with children. This year is polar opposites, and we are very concerned, both with the school's performance, and our childrens new unhappy attitudes.

Posted October 31, 2005
This school is great! Both my sons are hearing impaired and attend school here, they offer specialized teachers in a mainsteam setting in addition to sign language interpreters. My husband and I are very involved with their education. The staff is super, remains constant with little to no turn over for staff teachers. The principal, John Zegers, is great. He has an open door policy and is always willing to work with parents and problems. I would highly recommend this school to anyone-not just to those of us who have hearing impaired students.

1754 9th Street, Green Bay, WI  54304
Last modified Kennedy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.