School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Forest Glen! Our mission at Forest Glen is to 'Ensure that every child reaches his or her maximum potential.' We will show you that we believe in our mission statement on a daily basis. We collaborate to make sure we are helping each child - academically, socially and emotionally. We believe in children and families and will work tirelessly to make sure success is a reality for everyone. If you have further questions, please call or e-mail the school. Our website is full of useful parent information and our weekly newsletters are available for you to review. We are available year-round to answer questions or provide tours. Again, welcome to Forest Glen! Mrs. Sorenson Principal
March 24, 2010

Bad
Good

My child has attended this school since 1st grade. Her 1st & 2nd grade teachers were magnificent. They communicated effectively & seemed to really care & be invested in the development of the children & my child flourished & excelled under their tutelage. When my child started 3rd grade the school, teacher, & system really disappointed me. Our 3rd grade teacher is failing to help my child. The teacher has been emailed & asked repeatedly by me to help my child with math learning issues. When the teacher actually responds to my emails she states that she is unaware of any problems. I ask my child if she has been helped after my emails & she received help with only one of the several issues she was having. The teacher being unaware seems like negligence as my child is crying in class due to being unable to understand, how could the teacher miss that. Class sizes are too large at 25 kids, what is needed are more teachers so the kids can receive the attention they deserve. It is sad that my child who loved school dreads it now and feels that her teacher is deliberately ignoring her! It is a real shame!

This school is a great place to send kids!! My daughter has had an amazing first experience and we are thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful community filled with excellent teachers, parents and community members!

I have had a child attend Forest Glen for two years now. I have been very impressed with the teachers thus far. They have always been very open and easy to talk with about my child's development. The teachers realize that all kids learn at a different pace and take this into account with their teaching plans. The office staff is very friendly and caring. The principal comes across as a very caring and interactive individual. She is always on top of what the kid's are doing and tries to develop relationships with the kids on an individual basis.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 24, 2010

Our school has an awesome staff and great kids that are willing to learn something new every day.

My granddaughter goes here and loves it. The teachers are fabulous, it's a very inter-active school and extremely well kept with great programs.

Forest Glen is a wonderful school. The teachers, the principal, the office staff, are all wonderful and make you feel so welcome. My 2 children went to Forest Glen and have nothing but positive remarks about it. They have still kept in touch with some of their teachers. They will always remember their elementary days at Forest Glen. Great School and great memories.

Teachers do not care about the children. When I approached the teacher my child had, she stated she had no time to talk. Talked to principle she was just as bad as the teacher. Do NOT send your child here...they are just a number! We left the school and now are so happy with our current school, St. Joseph School on Pilgrim.

Last modified Forest Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.