Ashwaubenon High School

Public | 9-12 | 1032 students

Posted March 27, 2009

Our family is originally from Michigan and I was concerned over the change my older children would experience. We lived in another local school system and I was not satified so I began to interview other schools. Ashwaubenon has by far been my school of choose since. I have had five children graduate from this school system and one more to go. I have driven my children in and will continue in order to offer my children the best education possible.

Posted December 29, 2008

I am doing school choice for my child by sending her to AHS. I like the size, only 900 students, and the teachers I have met during teacher conferences are very capable and enthusiastic about teaching our children. I believe Ashwaubenon has an excellent Principal, Mr. Sheedy, whom is devoted to the students and teachers. I am satisfied I am sending my child to AHS even if I have to drive her in daily.

Posted December 2, 2007

Ashwaubenon is a great school district. Nearly every teacher I had, K-12, encouraged me to love learning and AHS prepared me better for college (Tier II private university in Texas) than most of my friends. AHS places high priority on math and science, but social science classes are equally good (amazing teachers). The music program and special education options are top notch as well. To be fair, there are drawbacks. There are few outlets for extremely advanced students, and parents should be prepared to put up a fight or two with administrators over this. Concurrently, there are precious few AP classes offered, but independent study is an option I recommend gifted students utilize. Racial diversity is lacking, but only because Ashwaubenon as a whole is racially homogenous. Despite these issues, I my Ashwaubenon education has served me well. If I had kids, I wouldn't send them anywhere else in Green Bay.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 13, 2006

I would highly recommend Ashwaubenon Schools for anyone who is making the tough decision of where to educate their children. I attending Valley View Elementary School, Parkview Middle School, and Ashwaubenon High School. I then moved on to attend the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. I feel that at this point in my life I am very succesful when comparing myself to many of my peers that attending other schools in the area. I felt much more prepared for my college classes than most of my peers at UWM. I plan on sending my child to Cormier School in Ashwaubenon next year and would encourage anyone else to do the same. I always had great support from the teachers and felt that they all really take the time to get to know and help the students.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 28, 2004

Ashwaubenon may be the best you can find in the green bay area. This is not saying much. All the schools we visited left much to be desired (we were moving from Michigan), and academically paled in comparison with the school I was attending. Ashwaubenon's reputation for excellent academics is exaggerated; the students test well, but the curriculum lacks breadth. Most importantly, this school lacks any ethnic and racial diversity, and this is evident not only in the stuident body, but in the attitudes of the teachers towards students of color. I was amazed that nothing was done to celebrate MLK Day. Sadly, it is an environment in which racism is not condemned, and racist attitudes are tolerated. My brother and I had a great deal of adversity at AHS and Parkview, and our parents often had to challenge the teachers and administrators to address issues of racial harassment and discrimination.
—Submitted by a former student

Grade level

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 70% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 41% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 72% in 2014.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 76% in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Wisconsin used the Wisconsin Student Assessment System (WSAS), which includes the WKCE and WAA, to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 in math and reading, and in grades 4, 8 and 10 in language arts, science and social studies. The WSAS is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Wisconsin. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level. In private schools, only voucher program participants are tested.
GreatSchools' ratings currently reflect 2012-13 testing data.

Beginning in the 2012-2013 school year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction implemented new definitions of what it means to be proficient on the WSAS test. As a result of these changes, proficiency scores for Wisconsin schools are lower than they were in previous years.

Source: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction

Students with disabilities29%
Not disabled93%
Not migrant86%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

GreatSchools' ratings currently reflect 2012-13 testing data.

The different student groups are identified by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. If there are fewer than 5 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group. Subgroup scores for each school are only reported for students who were enrolled as of the fall enrollment count. The All students score includes results for all students who took the test, regardless of when they first enrolled in the school.

Source: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction

Master's degree and above 59%N/A55%

Teacher credentials

Teachers with valid license 100%N/A98%
Source: WI Dept. of Public Instruction, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2391 S Ridge Rd