Green Bay, WI
Students enrolled: 1,032

Posted March 27, 2009
Our family is originally from Michigan and I was concerned over the change my older children would experience. We lived in another local school system and I was not satified so I began to interview other schools. Ashwaubenon has by far been my school of choose since. I have had five children graduate from this school system and one more to go. I have driven my children in and will continue in order to offer my children the best education possible.

Posted December 29, 2008
I am doing school choice for my child by sending her to AHS. I like the size, only 900 students, and the teachers I have met during teacher conferences are very capable and enthusiastic about teaching our children. I believe Ashwaubenon has an excellent Principal, Mr. Sheedy, whom is devoted to the students and teachers. I am satisfied I am sending my child to AHS even if I have to drive her in daily.

Ashwaubenon High School 4

Posted December 02, 2007
Ashwaubenon is a great school district. Nearly every teacher I had, K-12, encouraged me to love learning and AHS prepared me better for college (Tier II private university in Texas) than most of my friends. AHS places high priority on math and science, but social science classes are equally good (amazing teachers). The music program and special education options are top notch as well. To be fair, there are drawbacks. There are few outlets for extremely advanced students, and parents should be prepared to put up a fight or two with administrators over this. Concurrently, there are precious few AP classes offered, but independent study is an option I recommend gifted students utilize. Racial diversity is lacking, but only because Ashwaubenon as a whole is racially homogenous. Despite these issues, I my Ashwaubenon education has served me well. If I had kids, I wouldn't send them anywhere else in Green Bay.

Ashwaubenon High School 5

Posted January 13, 2006
I would highly recommend Ashwaubenon Schools for anyone who is making the tough decision of where to educate their children. I attending Valley View Elementary School, Parkview Middle School, and Ashwaubenon High School. I then moved on to attend the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. I feel that at this point in my life I am very succesful when comparing myself to many of my peers that attending other schools in the area. I felt much more prepared for my college classes than most of my peers at UWM. I plan on sending my child to Cormier School in Ashwaubenon next year and would encourage anyone else to do the same. I always had great support from the teachers and felt that they all really take the time to get to know and help the students.

Ashwaubenon High School 2

Posted November 28, 2004
Ashwaubenon may be the best you can find in the green bay area. This is not saying much. All the schools we visited left much to be desired (we were moving from Michigan), and academically paled in comparison with the school I was attending. Ashwaubenon's reputation for excellent academics is exaggerated; the students test well, but the curriculum lacks breadth. Most importantly, this school lacks any ethnic and racial diversity, and this is evident not only in the stuident body, but in the attitudes of the teachers towards students of color. I was amazed that nothing was done to celebrate MLK Day. Sadly, it is an environment in which racism is not condemned, and racist attitudes are tolerated. My brother and I had a great deal of adversity at AHS and Parkview, and our parents often had to challenge the teachers and administrators to address issues of racial harassment and discrimination.

2391 South Ridge Road, Green Bay, WI  54304
(920) 492-2955 x5334
Last modified Ashwaubenon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashwaubenon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top