Bad
Good

Our family is originally from Michigan and I was concerned over the change my older children would experience. We lived in another local school system and I was not satified so I began to interview other schools. Ashwaubenon has by far been my school of choose since. I have had five children graduate from this school system and one more to go. I have driven my children in and will continue in order to offer my children the best education possible.

I am doing school choice for my child by sending her to AHS. I like the size, only 900 students, and the teachers I have met during teacher conferences are very capable and enthusiastic about teaching our children. I believe Ashwaubenon has an excellent Principal, Mr. Sheedy, whom is devoted to the students and teachers. I am satisfied I am sending my child to AHS even if I have to drive her in daily.

Ashwaubenon is a great school district. Nearly every teacher I had, K-12, encouraged me to love learning and AHS prepared me better for college (Tier II private university in Texas) than most of my friends. AHS places high priority on math and science, but social science classes are equally good (amazing teachers). The music program and special education options are top notch as well. To be fair, there are drawbacks. There are few outlets for extremely advanced students, and parents should be prepared to put up a fight or two with administrators over this. Concurrently, there are precious few AP classes offered, but independent study is an option I recommend gifted students utilize. Racial diversity is lacking, but only because Ashwaubenon as a whole is racially homogenous. Despite these issues, I my Ashwaubenon education has served me well. If I had kids, I wouldn't send them anywhere else in Green Bay.

Last modified Ashwaubenon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.