Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
I wanted to give a big shout out to the Glenwood PTO. This year they out did themselves with the Color Run. Everyone had a blast. Best fundraiser so far.

Posted June 23, 2014
Glenwood is a great school! my kids actually cry on the last day of school. The teachers and student councelor are great.

Posted April 23, 2014
Am really enjoying the new principal this year. Very hands, approachable and is great at responding to parents in a timely fashion.

Posted September 27, 2013
Great school. My kids really like the teachers and they have alot of the fun with the students.

Posted September 26, 2013
My kids love Glenwood. They have been going there since kidnergarten and every year is a joy. Great teachers and this year with the new staff seems to have been even better.

Posted September 15, 2013
glenwood elementary. is a great school my son has been here for three years so far and he loves his school and so far i do also . I love the change of staff this year because that means more new ideas and also doing the back to school packets before school started rather then sitting there for three hours. ( way better)!

Posted August 22, 2013
I liked the change for registration this year. Being able to fill out the packets before "back to school night" will allow me to focus on other things during that time. Great start to a new year. My kids love Glenwood.

Posted August 22, 2013
My kids love Glenwood and we have not had any negative experiences. We feel very fortunate to have found Glenwood.

Posted August 29, 2012
My kids love this school. The teachers are really great and so is the principal. Lots of parent involvement as well. 2 downfalls come to mind. The first is the K4 teacher. She made it seem like my child was just horrible. After speaking with other parents, I felt I was not alone in this. The school really needs to reassess her teaching skills and look into a more suitable K4 teacher especially for this age group. This is the first exposure to a teacher most kids have and I think I can speak for most parents when I say this is not the quality we look for in a teacher and one we want our kids to be exposed to. This experience could result in kids fearing future teachers. Sorry to out shadow those teachers that are doing a phenomenal job by such harsh criticism but I feel that strongly about it. The other downfall is the school hours. The school starts at 8:45AM which leaves the parents that work first shift to either have to use the daycare (which is very pricey) or have to switch our work schedules (which I have had to do). They also have early release days twice a month which is also inconvenient. I really hope the considers starting earlier (7:40AM like most schools).

Posted October 05, 2009
HI my son left glenwood and went to the middle school. he said he misses. glenwood. the principal is a man that cares for all of his students. he kmows each student by name. witch means a lot to all parents.

3550 South 51st Street, Greenfield, WI  53220
Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. (414) 545-2280 x5108
Last modified Glenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.