Hartland, WI
After care: No

Posted July 16, 2014
I am a grandmother of 8. Our grandchildren range in age from 2 to 18. All but the youngest have been or are now Zion students. Over the past 12 years, we have seen the loving attention of the Christian teachers. It is priceless! The children see their teachers leaning on Jesus and learn to do the same. The academics are very good. The school's small size provides personal attention for each of the students. Zion has provided the spiriitual and academic foundationnecessary for our grandchildren to thrive. It is truly a blessing. Our 2 oldest are going to college this fall, 2 are still at Zion, 2 are in high school and 1, who now lives in PA is in middle school, All are highly motivated to excel in school. Perhaps the best way to reveal the 'Zion Spirit' is to know that Zion kids love to 'come back' to visit. They show up at the basketball and volleyball games to cheer the current Zion students. After they graduate, they volunteer to help with Zion events. Our 3 grandchildren who moved to PA over 2 years ago, love to gather with Zion friends when they are able to visit their grandparents here in Hartland. Zion is unique.

Posted March 05, 2013
This year Zion became a Project Lead the Way school. It is one of the first schools in the state to add these high-tech STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) courses to the 7th & 8th grades. Zion has courses on computer-aided design and solar & wind energy. I'm so happy to see these engineering courses offered at this level. My son is in 8th grade and has great stories for the dinner table. With the Autodesk Inventor Professional software they use they can do some serious CAD. ("CAD" stands for "computer-aided design" my son tells me!)

Posted November 14, 2008
The dedication, competence, friendliness, and concern for my children by the teachers is incredible. We're in a good public school district, but the education at Zion is even better. At Zion students also learn how to be kind and polite to one another -- truly skills for a productive life!

Posted August 28, 2008
I have three children in Zion and have experience with all the classrooms from pre-K through the 7th & 8th grade. Zion is Christian education done right. The student to teacher ratio is low, my kids get individually tailored curriculum enhancements to keep them interested and growing, the academics are top notch, and the teachers are truly wonderful people interested in the success and growth of each student. The tuition is cheap because the church pays for about 80% of the school's operating costs. Prior to moving to the Lake Country area, my wife and I had experience with both home-schooling and with other Christian and public schools, so we have high expectations and some history to compare against; Zion scores very well compared to the schools we have dealt with in the past. I highly recommend this school for quality-minded parents looking for Christian education.

Zion Lutheran School