Hartland, WI
Before care: Yes

Posted December 03, 2013
My kids are in position to have guaranteed acceptance to the college of their choice and I don't have to drag them out of bed every morning. How can anyone complain when their kids love their school?

Posted October 15, 2013
Our three children gratuated from ULS in the 1990's. Today they are well-rounded, happy and successful adults. ULS provided a foundation in academics, the arts and athletics allowing them to develop the self confidence and risk-taking required in the real word. We are fortunate to have given them a their "inheritance" up front! We recommend the school to those who value an almost one-on-one approach to learning where "college-prep" is really "life-prep".....

University Lake School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
ULS is a small college prep school. The curriculum allows individual attention for all students. Great faculty, good leadership trips and opportunities. ULS has larger beautiful campus.

Posted October 07, 2013
I have watched my daughter fall in love with learning again due to the support and encouragement of ULS staff. They have nurtured her individuality, taught her how to work in a group and helped her cope with the social awkwardness of high school. We also live in a "Blue Ribbon" public school district but our experience with that system found too much emphasis on working the ratings.

Posted October 03, 2013
I am an alumni of ULS. In my senior year at Marquette. I did consider leaving to go to the local public high school at one point, and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I chose ULS instead. At the time, the major reason was I could to play 3 sports all 4 years of high school. I know I NEVER would have made the local JV or Varsity teams as there is so much competition. Then add in the huge scholarships and acceptance at every college I applied at, the price my parents paid made it worth it. Once I got to college, I saw even more of the benefit. The one-on-one attention the teachers gave me and the relationships we formed with the amazing teachers at ULS helped prepare me for approaching college professors with confidence. I could clearly see the difference between classmates educated at a public versus private school - academically and in life skills.

University Lake School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
ULS is a good school. Why would you spend all of that money for just a good school, especially when Lake Country has very good schools.

Posted June 13, 2013
It was a tough decision to choose a private school for our kids - especially with the great public schools in the area. But I have never regretted it once since starting ULS. Our eldest was a "lifer" and our investment in the ULS education has paid off in more ways than one - acceptance and scholarships at every college she applied for was a given. But the life skills she learned through the teachers at ULS - leadership, communication, independence, respect - changed the direction of her life forever.

University Lake School 3

Posted June 03, 2013
I think the teachers are great here and they definitely have each student's best interest in mind. However, I am very concerned with some of the principal's methods. When we first came to this school we were told there was a focus on the individual. It is my opinion there is a specific mold that those individuals must fit and deviation from that is not tolerated, especially when related to psychological challenges. We were explicitly told that this is not a "Special Needs" school and are leaving the school due to that remark.

Posted July 19, 2012
As someone who has taught at both public and private schools, I can truly say that my experience at ULS has been the best! The administration has been supportive of innovation that is backed up with research in best practices - allowing teachers to be creative while being attentive to standards and a rigorous curriculum. The small class size is conducive to getting to know each child, teaching to his/strengths and allowing them to reach their greatest potential. Students from local universities have come to ULS to learn from our teachers making it a great school for students of all ages. If you are looking for a school that encourages curiousity, wonder and the joy of learning in a unique and challenging setting, ULS is the place!

Posted July 18, 2012
This has been a fantastic school for our two children, both of whom have since graduated after attending there for 13 years each. The teachers and coaches our children experienced have been outstanding mentors. Our children have been highly successful at the colleges they chose to attend (both were admitted to and attended their first choice schools) and credit University Lake School for excellent preparation. In addition they played a variety of varsity sports throughout high school, performed on the stage, and engaged in community service. We are grateful for the wonderful experience our kids have had at ULS.

University Lake School
Po Box 290, Hartland, WI  53029
Last modified University Lake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
University Lake School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top