Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 22, 2016
There is no way to choose one....we have had so many great experiences with staff, teachers, and the principal.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 22, 2016
Amazing teachers!! My son wants to impress his teacher and dislikes letting her down. He does his homework on his own and has gained more responsibility than I thought was possible in a second grader. He as made huge gains in reading and math this year.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 22, 2016
My child reads 20-25 minutes each night and has a math sheet Monday-Thursday. Very manageable and enough to let me know what's going on in his classroom.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 22, 2016
This is an all inclusive school. Students interact with students of all levels, abilities, and backgrounds. We feel this is a huge asset to our children and their development.

Posted March 22, 2016
My son started at Hartland-Lakeside in first grade after going to kindergarten at our neighborhood school. It wasn't a positive experience so we decided to look for other options. After much research, many meetings with principals, and school tours at many Arrowhead feeder schools and other private schools, we fell in love with the Hartland-Lakeside school district. The principal was supportive and responsive to our many emails and calls. While on our tour, we felt welcomed from the moment we walked in. We noticed the safe learning environment that focuses on the primary learner. Not only did we see authentic student work on the walls, we saw students actively engaged in their learning. They hardly knew we were there. The environment was quiet, yet there was a buzz of student learning. One of the great assets of this district is the option to choose the best classroom setting for your child: comprehensive, digital, or fine arts leadership/magnet school. We are constantly impressed with the amazing teachers and staff with their dedication and innovation. Not only does the district offer great instruction, it also has many other offerings; intramurals, Summer Splash, community/family events, student showcase nights, and a school forest. At these events you will always see the superintendent. (In all my years of my own teaching, I NEVER saw mine!) Needless to say, my son LOVES school and has excelled in so many ways. My daughter just started 4k at Hartland Lakeside this past year. There are so many awesome experiences going on in the 4k classroom; I don’t even know where to begin! The 4K is a structured environment that involves creative, imaginative, and innovative play all while learning, but the secret is the great teachers! Hartland-Lakeside is a gem of a school and we are so thankful to be a part of it!

Posted March 09, 2016
Being a public school teacher, and having recently moved from a state with top ranked schools, I can happily say that I could not be more thrilled with Hartland Lakeside school district. Their teachers are given the freedom to actually teach and the kids have so many opportunities to learn, including recess!

Posted March 16, 2015
I find this school very charming. The 4K - 2nd grade environment lets kids still be kids. They have a ton of fun events set up for this age group. The Dr Suess Birthday Bash last month was a perfect example of how you can combine learning with creativity and fun.

Hartland North Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2013
There are times when special needs children are distracting for the other children in their classrooms. I have seen classrooms come to a screeching halt for long periods of time while the Aides and the teachers deal with the special needs child. That does not mean those children don't deserve to be in education but so often, I have heard parents of special needs children who seem to feel that their children should be educated in such a way that is detrimental to the educational opportunities of the differently abled children in their environment.I have heard ignorant remarks and read some here but some people have witnessed inclusion that does not work for the classroom experience, as a whole, the children who often suffer are the ones with no IEPs who just need consistent, managed classrooms without a plethora of distractions. It seems that those parents need to stand up and try to find a way to advocate for them as well. Every child needs to have their educational needs met in the best way possible and sometimes, it feels like some legitimate concerns are being dismissed, in discussions by blanketing all people with differing concerns as ignorant

Posted June 10, 2012
We've been part of the Hartland/Lakeside school district for 5 years and have specifically been part of Hartland North for all five of those years. We couldn't be happier! Both of my children have grown so much academically. I am so pleased with the way they are challenged. The new math curriculum is fantastic for all levels of learners. I highly recommend this school and district to anyone who will listen.

Posted April 30, 2012
Our family moved here almost 5 yrs ago and I couldn't be more pleased with our school district and North! We have one child who has gone through this school, one currently enrolled and one more who will start next year The teachers are current in their skills, integrating technology into almost every subject. They also take part in out of school activities to lend their support. Our new principal is responsive and involved with the students throughout the day. A newsletter is sent out each week to keep parents up to date. The district follows a curriculum for each subject and integrates the core standards. I also love that the PTO and Foundation offer outside activities and functions that correlate with special topics going on at school. I feel very blessed to have found a school district and teachers who care so much about going above and beyond what is required!

232 Church Street, Hartland, WI  53029
Last modified Hartland North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2