Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Amazing teachers!! My son wants to impress his teacher and dislikes letting her down. He does his homework on his own and has gained more responsibility than I thought was possible in a second grader. He as made huge gains in reading and math this year.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child reads 20-25 minutes each night and has a math sheet Monday-Thursday. Very manageable and enough to let me know what's going on in his classroom.

My son started at Hartland-Lakeside in first grade after going to kindergarten at our neighborhood school. It wasn't a positive experience so we decided to look for other options. After much research, many meetings with principals, and school tours at many Arrowhead feeder schools and other private schools, we fell in love with the Hartland-Lakeside school district. The principal was supportive and responsive to our many emails and calls. While on our tour, we felt welcomed from the moment we walked in. We noticed the safe learning environment that focuses on the primary learner. Not only did we see authentic student work on the walls, we saw students actively engaged in their learning. They hardly knew we were there. The environment was quiet, yet there was a buzz of student learning. One of the great assets of this district is the option to choose the best classroom setting for your child: comprehensive, digital, or fine arts leadership/magnet school. We are constantly impressed with the amazing teachers and staff with their dedication and innovation. Not only does the district offer great instruction, it also has many other offerings; intramurals, Summer Splash, community/family events, student showcase nights, and a school forest. At these events you will always see the superintendent. (In all my years of my own teaching, I NEVER saw mine!) Needless to say, my son LOVES school and has excelled in so many ways. My daughter just started 4k at Hartland Lakeside this past year. There are so many awesome experiences going on in the 4k classroom; I don’t even know where to begin! The 4K is a structured environment that involves creative, imaginative, and innovative play all while learning, but the secret is the great teachers! Hartland-Lakeside is a gem of a school and we are so thankful to be a part of it!

Being a public school teacher, and having recently moved from a state with top ranked schools, I can happily say that I could not be more thrilled with Hartland Lakeside school district. Their teachers are given the freedom to actually teach and the kids have so many opportunities to learn, including recess!

I find this school very charming. The 4K - 2nd grade environment lets kids still be kids. They have a ton of fun events set up for this age group. The Dr Suess Birthday Bash last month was a perfect example of how you can combine learning with creativity and fun.

There are times when special needs children are distracting for the other children in their classrooms. I have seen classrooms come to a screeching halt for long periods of time while the Aides and the teachers deal with the special needs child. That does not mean those children don't deserve to be in education but so often, I have heard parents of special needs children who seem to feel that their children should be educated in such a way that is detrimental to the educational opportunities of the differently abled children in their environment.I have heard ignorant remarks and read some here but some people have witnessed inclusion that does not work for the classroom experience, as a whole, the children who often suffer are the ones with no IEPs who just need consistent, managed classrooms without a plethora of distractions. It seems that those parents need to stand up and try to find a way to advocate for them as well. Every child needs to have their educational needs met in the best way possible and sometimes, it feels like some legitimate concerns are being dismissed, in discussions by blanketing all people with differing concerns as ignorant

We've been part of the Hartland/Lakeside school district for 5 years and have specifically been part of Hartland North for all five of those years. We couldn't be happier! Both of my children have grown so much academically. I am so pleased with the way they are challenged. The new math curriculum is fantastic for all levels of learners. I highly recommend this school and district to anyone who will listen.

Our family moved here almost 5 yrs ago and I couldn't be more pleased with our school district and North! We have one child who has gone through this school, one currently enrolled and one more who will start next year The teachers are current in their skills, integrating technology into almost every subject. They also take part in out of school activities to lend their support. Our new principal is responsive and involved with the students throughout the day. A newsletter is sent out each week to keep parents up to date. The district follows a curriculum for each subject and integrates the core standards. I also love that the PTO and Foundation offer outside activities and functions that correlate with special topics going on at school. I feel very blessed to have found a school district and teachers who care so much about going above and beyond what is required!

This is our third year in this school district, and we are so happy to be here! Every teacher my kids have had has been nothing short of fantastic, and they have really engaged the kids to make learning enjoyable. Since the school is PK-2, the activities are very age appropriate for all, and I don't have to worry about my 4K child being around kids much older and larger than he is. Every staff member I've come across is very friendly and makes you feel at home. Both of my kids especially enjoy one of the maintenance employees, who always makes them laugh. I have no qualms at all about recommending this great school!

My kids have attended this district for 4 years and I have never seen so many parents involved and excited to support our teachers and school. We have an awesome Community dinner tonight with over 350 people planning to attend (I'm confident more will show up). We have exciting charter schools, talented teachers, and great family activities. I love our teachers, I love our school, and I love our parents! Huzzah for Hartland/Lakeside.

Last modified Hartland North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2