North Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2013
There are times when special needs children are distracting for the other children in their classrooms. I have seen classrooms come to a screeching halt for long periods of time while the Aides and the teachers deal with the special needs child. That does not mean those children don't deserve to be in education but so often, I have heard parents of special needs children who seem to feel that their children should be educated in such a way that is detrimental to the educational opportunities of the differently abled children in their environment.I have heard ignorant remarks and read some here but some people have witnessed inclusion that does not work for the classroom experience, as a whole, the children who often suffer are the ones with no IEPs who just need consistent, managed classrooms without a plethora of distractions. It seems that those parents need to stand up and try to find a way to advocate for them as well. Every child needs to have their educational needs met in the best way possible and sometimes, it feels like some legitimate concerns are being dismissed, in discussions by blanketing all people with differing concerns as ignorant

Posted June 10, 2012
We've been part of the Hartland/Lakeside school district for 5 years and have specifically been part of Hartland North for all five of those years. We couldn't be happier! Both of my children have grown so much academically. I am so pleased with the way they are challenged. The new math curriculum is fantastic for all levels of learners. I highly recommend this school and district to anyone who will listen.

Posted April 30, 2012
Our family moved here almost 5 yrs ago and I couldn't be more pleased with our school district and North! We have one child who has gone through this school, one currently enrolled and one more who will start next year The teachers are current in their skills, integrating technology into almost every subject. They also take part in out of school activities to lend their support. Our new principal is responsive and involved with the students throughout the day. A newsletter is sent out each week to keep parents up to date. The district follows a curriculum for each subject and integrates the core standards. I also love that the PTO and Foundation offer outside activities and functions that correlate with special topics going on at school. I feel very blessed to have found a school district and teachers who care so much about going above and beyond what is required!

Posted March 18, 2012
This is our third year in this school district, and we are so happy to be here! Every teacher my kids have had has been nothing short of fantastic, and they have really engaged the kids to make learning enjoyable. Since the school is PK-2, the activities are very age appropriate for all, and I don't have to worry about my 4K child being around kids much older and larger than he is. Every staff member I've come across is very friendly and makes you feel at home. Both of my kids especially enjoy one of the maintenance employees, who always makes them laugh. I have no qualms at all about recommending this great school!

Posted March 16, 2012
My kids have attended this district for 4 years and I have never seen so many parents involved and excited to support our teachers and school. We have an awesome Community dinner tonight with over 350 people planning to attend (I'm confident more will show up). We have exciting charter schools, talented teachers, and great family activities. I love our teachers, I love our school, and I love our parents! Huzzah for Hartland/Lakeside.

Posted March 15, 2012
My family just moved to the area from Virginia. We have a daughter in 4K and one who will be attending the school in a few years. We have been very pleased with the education, staff, and the school "family" as a whole. Everyone has made our family feel so welcome. We couldn't have picked a better school and district for our children's education.

Posted March 12, 2012
Our daughter is in 5K at Hartland North, went to 4K here, and has had speech therapy services here since her 3rd birthday. We feel like it is our home away from home. Teachers, regardless of what grade they teach, greet our daughter by name and are always genuinely interested in how she is doing. We had some separation issues at the beginning of kindergarten and I was floored by the positive support we got from all segments of the staff. Now that these separation issues are behind us, our daughter is flourishing, both socially and academically. Hartland North also has a fantastic art program, led by one of the coolest teachers around. I can not say enough good things about our school!

Posted March 09, 2012
We recently moved to the Hartland Lakeside school district and couldn't be happier with Hartland North Elementary. Our Kindergartner is reading, writing and learning math skills that exceed my expectations. A great school in my experience.

Posted March 08, 2012
My husband and I moved to the Hartland Lakeside School District before we even had kids because we knew that this was the school that we eventually wanted our kids to attend. We currently have a child in 2nd grade and 4K. Not only has the school met our expectations, but they also have exceeded them. The teachers have our children's education utmost in mind. February 2011, when many teachers were in Madison, not a single teacher in our district was absent. Since the school is only 4K - 2nd grade, they do more age appropriate events. Last Friday was Dr Seuss Day and you were able to come dressed as your favorite Dr Seuss charcater. We currently are participating in the One School One Book. Every child in the school received a copy of Cricket in Times Square to bring home and read as a family. Every day, the kids get trivia questions during the morning announcements regarding the previous night's assigned chapter. Reading this as a family has become our favorite thing of the day. Even thought my kids have reached their benchmarks for the year, I find their teachers are still finding ways to challenge them. This is a great school with a great sense of community.

Posted February 28, 2012
Excellent committed teachers that focus on the kids and not state politics. My daughter is in 5K and has jumped 4 reading levels, the school really makes it easy for parents to help with reading with an excellent reading program. The school is 4K-2 and helps the teachers share age appropriate resources! Parents are really involved with an active PTO - my daughter LOVED the daddy-daugther dance and movie in PJs evening events! Great school in a great community!

North Elementary School
232 Church St, Hartland, WI  53029
Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
North Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top