Bad
Good

We are really impressed with Willow River. The teachers are very communicative with the parents. When ever I've had a concern with the my child they have responded appropriately. My child has a disability that was discovered at the beginning of the school year and the school really stepped up to give him the special education he needs. The parent group is really active. The principle is warm and welcoming. And the school building is very unique and has a lot of character. My one grip is that parking for drop off and pick up is not ideal as Willow sits in the middle of a neighborhood.

My children attend Willow and it is a fantastic school. The principal is involved and knows the students by name. The caring staff does everthing possible to individualize instruction for the needs of each student, no matter their academic level. The special education team is dedicated and professional. I am proud of our community school.

I am dissatisfied with Willow River Elementary School. My son transferred into this school in January 2009 and was a straight A student with no issues at his previous school. Since he has been attending Willow River, his grades have suffered, he is bullied frequently and his motivation to go to school has totally eroded. I have had frequent interactions with the school to resolve situations however nothing seems to result from them and my son comes home dreading the next day he has to attend. My child is in the gifted student program at this school.

This school has a fantastic faculty who are very involved with each student. I moved to this neighborhood specifically so my children could attend this school. The environment is very comforting and welcoming. class sizes are kept small, and the resources available to the teaching staff are more than acceptable. I would highly recommend Willow to anyone with an elementary student. * Side Note: I cannot comment on any special education programs, as we have not had the need to be involved in any*

Last modified Willow River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.