Hudson, WI

Posted January 17, 2013
We are really impressed with Willow River. The teachers are very communicative with the parents. When ever I've had a concern with the my child they have responded appropriately. My child has a disability that was discovered at the beginning of the school year and the school really stepped up to give him the special education he needs. The parent group is really active. The principle is warm and welcoming. And the school building is very unique and has a lot of character. My one grip is that parking for drop off and pick up is not ideal as Willow sits in the middle of a neighborhood.

Posted August 31, 2012
My children attend Willow and it is a fantastic school. The principal is involved and knows the students by name. The caring staff does everthing possible to individualize instruction for the needs of each student, no matter their academic level. The special education team is dedicated and professional. I am proud of our community school.

Willow River Elementary School 2

Posted February 02, 2011
I am dissatisfied with Willow River Elementary School. My son transferred into this school in January 2009 and was a straight A student with no issues at his previous school. Since he has been attending Willow River, his grades have suffered, he is bullied frequently and his motivation to go to school has totally eroded. I have had frequent interactions with the school to resolve situations however nothing seems to result from them and my son comes home dreading the next day he has to attend. My child is in the gifted student program at this school.

Posted February 01, 2010
This school has a fantastic faculty who are very involved with each student. I moved to this neighborhood specifically so my children could attend this school. The environment is very comforting and welcoming. class sizes are kept small, and the resources available to the teaching staff are more than acceptable. I would highly recommend Willow to anyone with an elementary student. * Side Note: I cannot comment on any special education programs, as we have not had the need to be involved in any*

Willow River Elementary School 3

Posted June 15, 2006
My child had only attended this school for 6 months but that was long enough to know that he would not be returning next year. The special education program not much more than exclusion. A para was witnessed screaming at my son and pushing him down into a chair. For typically developing kids this is probably a great school. For kids with special needs. I would say look elsewhere.

Willow River Elementary School
1118 4th Street, Hudson, WI  54016
(715) 377-3880 x2601
Last modified Willow River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow River Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top