K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Oakhill Christian School 5

Posted March 09, 2013
We love Oakhill. We have 3 kids there and would not trade it for the world. Great staff of educators!

Oakhill Christian School 5

Posted March 29, 2011
We absolutely love Oakhill Christian School! This is our first year being at OCS, having recently made the transition from public school to private. It has been everything we had hope for and more! My two daughters, both in elementary, have completely excelled in this caring and nurturing environment; catching up with their classmates and falling in love with school again. This can be attributed to the commitment of the staff, as well as the low class sizes, which allows for the one-to-one support necessary for success. Having taught public school for more than a decade, I wasn't sure what to expect with our transition. I can honestly say that this is the BEST move we have ever made! As I said above, our kids love school again, and it's all in part to OCS and fostering their growth. You can guarantee that they will continue to learn and grow in the years to come thanks to the confidence that OCS has instilled in them. If you are considering a school in the area, give OCS a serious look. You won't be disappointed!

Posted August 02, 2010
The teachers genuinely care about each student s academic and spiritual growth. Three years ago I transferred two students to Oakhill in higher grades and started one in kindergarten. All of them were welcomed by new friends on the first day of school. Two of the teachers offered tutoring outside of school to help the oldest adjust. I was amazed at how well my son learned to read in kindergarten and how much he loved to do so. My kids are getting a great education while learning how to have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Oakhill Christian School 3

Posted July 12, 2009
We have 2 children currently enrolled here, both are in Elementary. We feel our children do receive a good education (reason for my average rating) However We are not happy about everything that goes on at this school. We feel that people are very Judgmental and Clicky. Once your child is out cast for whatever reason, they remain that way. Our children have had issues held against them that have nothing to do with them, and should not have anything to do with them. We can understand how public schools can have these type of issues, but a 'Christian' school? No excuse! Are we as parents and Teachers not suppose to be role models for our children? So why are parents and some staff here so Judgmental and out of line? I only hope that the school will take a step back and reexamine how they treat their school family!

Oakhill Christian School

Posted August 29, 2007
My three children currently attend Oakhill Christian School. We are very pleased with results. The teachers are dedicated to their jobs and love each student as their own. I am also a graduate of OCS and had little difficulty academically transitioning into college after coming from a small school. I challenge to you to check it out. You will not be dissapointed with the results and you will experience a geniune Christian family atmosphere.

Posted January 11, 2007
Three of my children attended Oakhill Christian School from grades K-3. My wife and I found the school to be very biblically sound. In addition, our children received a spectacular elementary education while in attendance. The kindergarten program is especially productive. This school is focused on academics and will produce a child with superior academic skills. My older two children consistently scored 2-3 grade levels above average on various standardized testing. I recommend Oakhill Christian School of Janesville, WI without reservation. Finally, tuition is reasonable.

Posted January 02, 2007
Our daughter went to Oakhill until we had to transfer her to public school (financial reasons) through no fault of Oakhill (their tuition is certainly reasonable!). The Principal was genuine and dedicated and the teachers were awesome on all levels. What Oakhill may be small and somewhat limited in they make up for in the values and consistency they instill. My daughter had a great faithful group of friends (and teachers) that were non-exclusive and truly cared for and remain in contact with her. The communication between staff and family puts the public schools to shame!

Oakhill Christian School 2

Posted December 20, 2006
Because OCS is so small, they are not able to offer a variety, higher lever, or wide range of classes to give your child the advantage needed. Remember, even in private schools, your children will run into peer pressure, difficulties, and frustrations.

Posted December 08, 2006
Oakhill is a school where the students treat each other as family. The staff genuinely cares and supports each individual student. A student is not allowed to flounder while no one seems to care. The staff will make every effort to see the parents are aware of their successes and failures. The majority of the graduates go on the secondary education, attaining a four-year degree from either a public or private collage. I currently have two graduates, one of which is attending a public university majoring in law. The other is attending a private collage majoring in pastoral studies. I will soon have another graduate who is attempting to get into West Point. I can honestly say I believe that Oakhill has played a huge role in helping my children to succeed. I have had very little discipline problems with my children and have truely enjoyed the teenage years. Thank you

Oakhill Christian School
1650 South Oakhill Avenue, Janesville, WI  53546
Last modified Oakhill Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12