Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 28, 2016
Good teachers, a great admin, and a lot of caring for kids as individuals, not 'one size fits all'

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 06, 2015
I am grateful to the Assistant Principal of KTEC East, Ms. Nicole Mayes. She has spent hours sitting down with my boys and myself to come up with a plan to make them successful. This happened during my divorce which helped to stabilize a thought situation. She set goals for my oldest son and when he achieved those goals she threw him a huge kickball party with invitations, cupcakes and friends!

Grateful to: no rating

Posted November 18, 2015
- a school leader
All of the staff at KTEC are great to work with. I started out as a parent of a KTEC student and knew right away that I wanted to be a part of this amazing school.

Posted March 15, 2015
I was so happy and relieved to get my kids in this school so the thought of possibly having to move them out of this school is really hard. My kids love the teachers, I love the challenges they give them. This is a school you can feel comfortable knowing they are in good hands.

Posted November 08, 2014
I recently graduated from this "school", and I am so thankful that I no longer go here. I am in high school right now, and I do not feel prepared at all. I was treated like a kindergartner here, and now I'm treated as a freshman, and there are multiple responsibilities. I manage to keep up with them, however it is an extreme struggle to do that. I wish I had gone to regular middle school. I wasted 7 years of my life that I will never get back at this school. They claim to teach things that are not available at other schools, when that is a complete lie. Parents, if you want your kids to be miserable, then send them here.

Posted August 04, 2014
If I could give this school a 0 star rating, I would give that in a heartbeat. It's not the teachers that are bad, its the way the school is set up and the administration that make it a bad school. They are way too unfair and strict on students here. I'm not even sure any students in the upper grades (6-8) like this school at all. They are not proud with the fact they go here. Whenever a student gets "in trouble", when they try to state their case, they consider it "talking back". And for one teacher, if they ask what you are doing, when you try to say, they interrupt you and say "I don't want to hear it". One time a student tried to say how he thought a 27 page story with small print to read was an unfair punishment, and the person took away his right to sports day and gave him a referral for "being rude and talking back". He was not at all talking back, he was simply sharing his thoughts. I am so happy that I no longer go to this school. I will never recommend this school to anyone. And the fact that they are opening a second campus is even worse, since more children will be subject to this awful school.

Posted April 23, 2014
My son started at KTEC the first year it opened. He was in 2nd Grade. In the past seven years, he has learned so much about the 21st Century world. While he gets to use special technology like LEGO Robotics and Project Lead the Way, he has also learned how to use today's skills in all his school subjects. For example: creating websites to present history reports, using apps for note taking and organization, and learning how to use the same online subscription services that he will be exposed to in higher education. He is building skills that will make him a highly sought after employee and a responsible global citizen.

Posted April 23, 2014
KTEC is a charter school with a focus on 21st Century skills and STEM which is evident through Project Lead the Way and Legos. It is a great community for learning.

Posted December 14, 2013
This school did not offer anything more advanced then other schools. The use of technology at this school is the same that other schools offer. Sadly I felt the students are more aggressive here then at our regular school. The principle feels that a child need to learn how to "deal with it!" What a wasted year here!!

Posted September 15, 2009
It's a charter school that focus' on getting kids ready for the 21st centuary. It has a small town feel and the principal is the reason for this!

6811 18th Ave, Kenosha, WI  53143
Last modified Kenosha School Of Technology Enhanced Curriculum is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenosha School Of Technology Enhanced Curriculum Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top