Posted November 08, 2014
I recently graduated from this "school", and I am so thankful that I no longer go here. I am in high school right now, and I do not feel prepared at all. I was treated like a kindergartner here, and now I'm treated as a freshman, and there are multiple responsibilities. I manage to keep up with them, however it is an extreme struggle to do that. I wish I had gone to regular middle school. I wasted 7 years of my life that I will never get back at this school. They claim to teach things that are not available at other schools, when that is a complete lie. Parents, if you want your kids to be miserable, then send them here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 04, 2014
If I could give this school a 0 star rating, I would give that in a heartbeat. It's not the teachers that are bad, its the way the school is set up and the administration that make it a bad school. They are way too unfair and strict on students here. I'm not even sure any students in the upper grades (6-8) like this school at all. They are not proud with the fact they go here. Whenever a student gets "in trouble", when they try to state their case, they consider it "talking back". And for one teacher, if they ask what you are doing, when you try to say, they interrupt you and say "I don't want to hear it". One time a student tried to say how he thought a 27 page story with small print to read was an unfair punishment, and the person took away his right to sports day and gave him a referral for "being rude and talking back". He was not at all talking back, he was simply sharing his thoughts. I am so happy that I no longer go to this school. I will never recommend this school to anyone. And the fact that they are opening a second campus is even worse, since more children will be subject to this awful school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
My son started at KTEC the first year it opened. He was in 2nd Grade. In the past seven years, he has learned so much about the 21st Century world. While he gets to use special technology like LEGO Robotics and Project Lead the Way, he has also learned how to use today's skills in all his school subjects. For example: creating websites to present history reports, using apps for note taking and organization, and learning how to use the same online subscription services that he will be exposed to in higher education. He is building skills that will make him a highly sought after employee and a responsible global citizen.

Posted April 23, 2014
KTEC is a charter school with a focus on 21st Century skills and STEM which is evident through Project Lead the Way and Legos. It is a great community for learning.

Posted December 14, 2013
This school did not offer anything more advanced then other schools. The use of technology at this school is the same that other schools offer. Sadly I felt the students are more aggressive here then at our regular school. The principle feels that a child need to learn how to "deal with it!" What a wasted year here!!

Kenosha School Of Technology Enhanced Curriculum 0

Posted September 15, 2009
It's a charter school that focus' on getting kids ready for the 21st centuary. It has a small town feel and the principal is the reason for this!

Kenosha School Of Technology Enhanced Curriculum 0

Posted September 15, 2009
KTEC is a relatively new Kindergarten - 8th grade charter school in Kenosha Wisconsin that was originally started by 3 local teachers. KTEC integrates technology and 21st century skills into its curriculum. The children (and teachers) LOVE it!!! The children learn how to collaborate and work together with each other in class and between grade levels. I love the opportunity to work with such dedicated, hardworking staff members. Everyone wants the children at KTEC to grow and be successful. Also, the parents are awesome and very supportive of their children. :)

Posted May 30, 2008
My daughter's Kindergarten year at KTEC was unbelievable. She is reading and doing simple math. My son (3rd grade) went from angry and bored at his last school to happy and excited to go to school. After volunteering and getting to know most of the teachers, I can say they are very creative and talented. They all possess a special gift to get the content of their curriculum across to each student as needed while making it interesting and fun. There are plenty of field trips and out of classroom learning experiences. I highly recommend this great school!

Kenosha School Of Technology Enhanced Curriculum
6811 18th Ave, Kenosha, WI  53143
Last modified Kenosha School Of Technology Enhanced Curriculum is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenosha School Of Technology Enhanced Curriculum Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top